Karachi, Pakistan

Advice

I have a penthouse how should i start bnb there 

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Adeel34 

I think you need to do the market research.  Would there be an interest by guests at a price that works for you?  Maybe a Local Host Club might be more beneficial to answer local market questions.

Hi @Adeel34 ,

Starting an Airbnb with a penthouse offers great potential. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:

1. Assess and Prepare the Property:

• Ensure the penthouse is in top condition. Check for any necessary repairs or upgrades, especially in high-impact areas like the kitchen and bathroom.
    • Consider professional cleaning and staging. High-quality furnishings, art, and decor can significantly boost your listing’s appeal.
  2. Take High-Quality Photos:

• Invest in professional photography to capture the best features of your penthouse, including views, amenities, and unique aspects. Good lighting and angles are crucial.
  3. Set Up Your Listing:

• Create an engaging and detailed Airbnb listing. Highlight unique selling points like a rooftop terrace, hot tub, panoramic views, or a central location.
    • Be clear about what guests can expect and include any house rules, such as no parties or specific check-in and check-out times.
  4. Price Competitively:

• Research similar listings in your area to set a competitive price. Consider dynamic pricing tools like Airbnb’s built-in pricing recommendations or third-party services like PriceLabs.
  5. Automate Where Possible:

• Use smart home devices (like smart locks for self-check-in) to streamline guest access.
    • Consider employing an AI chatbot or using Airbnb’s automated messaging for common guest inquiries and check-in instructions.
  6. Offer Exceptional Service:

• Provide amenities that enhance the stay, such as high-speed internet, premium coffee/tea, quality toiletries, and comfortable bedding.
    • Consider creating a guidebook with recommendations for local attractions, dining, and transport.
  7. Manage Your Bookings:

• Stay responsive to inquiries and bookings. Quick responses can improve your rating and attractiveness to potential guests.
    • Use a property management system (PMS) if you're managing multiple listings or want a more streamlined management process.
  8. Gather and Utilize Feedback:

• Encourage guests to leave a review after their stay and be proactive in addressing any feedback.
    • Regularly update your listing based on guest suggestions and market changes.
  9. Ensure Compliance:

• Check local regulations and condo association rules to ensure you can legally rent out your penthouse as a short-term rental.
    • Ensure you have the proper insurance and licenses in place.

Starting your Airbnb journey with a penthouse could set you up for a successful venture in the hospitality industry. 

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management