Amenities

Vj8
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

Amenities

Hi how are you? I’d like to ask something. 

I have a property that one of the amenities is going to be a Golf Car, I’d like to know if I need to do a contract where the tenant is responsible of wherever happens in case of the use or is something I can rent it separately? 

another question about the pool, I need to control the heater of the pool or it something that the guest have full access to turn on or turn off the heater of the pool. 

Waiting for your prompt answer.

thanks 

Regards 

9 Replies 9
Vj8
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

Hi, Guys. How are you? I’d like to know in your experience hosting in Airbnb, how I can manage with my guest when I have amenities like golf car and pool. How I can control the heather of the pool and also how I can manage to not be responsable of the damage. Somebody can help me with this topic. Thanks

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions from the author in one place]

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Vj8 If supplying a golf cart be aware it is not covered under Airbnb Aircover so make sure you get really good liability insurance to cover its use for short term renters.

Especially given that 2 people have died recently here in Australia from falling from a golf cart.

thanks for let me know.

Thanks Mark for the information, I'd like to know how I can send like a liability contract through airbnb and the guest can sign it and be responsible of the damages also I will charge them extra for using the golf cart, how I can send them the bill for using the golf cart, i have to use the resquest the money through airbnb? can you please help me with this?

@Vj8  You cannot send a liability contract through AirBnB.  You have to have the guest email address and send it from your own email address.  To get the guest email address they will have to send it to you via a phone text -- AirBnB does not provide the guest email address or a masked email address anymore.  Once the guest is booked, you should have their phone number and you can text them.

For payment, you can use the AirBnB Resolution Center.  

@Vj8  Talk to your local pool company about heater options.  I once rented a property that had a code on the pool heater, and it would not allow for it to be set above a certain temperature.

You also need to talk to your insurance company or an independent broker about liability insurance for both the pool and the golf cart.  Be sure to have the proper insurance for your AirBnB property as well.  Regular homeowners' insurance generally does not cover rental properties, and AirCover (IMO) does not protect you.

thanks..... very heplful.

A golf cart is a great idea! I do think you need to have your guests sign a contract. 
we do not have a pool but control heat and A/C remotely to ensure guests comfort prior to their arrival. 
I think the pool would be the same.