Cleaning Time

Answered!

Cleaning Time

I feel like I am killing myself in between check ins! I even changed my settings to one day delay between bookings (which I am sure hurts my bookings).

It literally takes me the whole day and the costs are nearly exceeding any profit I make in short stays….

what am I doing wrong? 
please share any ideas I could use.

Tia 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@A-J935 we set a min stay of 3 nights to avoid this problem. We lose out on some bookings as a result. Alternatively set your cleaning fee to the amount you need and then keep your nightly rate low and the market will autocorrect to longer stays.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@A-J935 we set a min stay of 3 nights to avoid this problem. We lose out on some bookings as a result. Alternatively set your cleaning fee to the amount you need and then keep your nightly rate low and the market will autocorrect to longer stays.

Thank you. I did change my minimum nights to 3 but my bookings dropped so much I had to change it back. 
At the moment I don’t charge a cleaning fee….I am in South Africa and it doesn’t seem to be a very common thing. 

My biggest issue is the time it takes me,  see other hosts managing comfortably with same day check out check in…I tied this and really battled. 

suppose the more time I have the more I clean 😂

thanks for the advice