Critique my listing Cincinnati ohio

Critique my listing Cincinnati ohio

I'm not getting any bookings from here. What is wrong with my listing? 

Rental unit in Cincinnati · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 bath

[Listing link replaced by OCM]

10 Replies 10
Farah148
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Hi, @Ashley1906.  I like how you wrote the details section of your listing!  I don’t know anything about the area your place is at, however, maybe try updating the posted photos?  Try taking photos with natural lighting only, and using tools (i.e. phone) to brighten/enhance them so that they pop against others listing photos.   I started hosting several months ago, and signed up to be contacted by an Airbnb Ambassador, Marilynn Taylor @marilynntaylor.  She gave the photo suggestion mentioned above, as well as, a whole host of other very helpful advice, and ideas.  HTH.

Hi @Farah148 Great recs! I just had a tenant leave and got it recleaned so I will get professional new/ updated pics. Thank you for the recommendation!

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Ashley1906 

Congratulations!  Very Cute Property.  I loved it,  You have  it restricted to only experienced Airbnb Guests can even ask about it?  I suggest changing that,doesn't mean you have to accept everyone but at least you are talking.

Check your amenities, you should have norfe liker 30.  Include everything refrigerator, microwave and pots.

You have to do 30 days or longer.  Disclose in your description but your title should sell Perfect Mid Term stay conveniently located.  Your title shouldn't be your main rule.  

Use the Airbnb New Host Discount.  Guests know about it they want it and you can lower other discounts you have it is being the lucky first 3 not the amount haha

Use the free tool Chat gpt plug in your in fo ask for ad cpy and the computer does it lol.  Highlight the hospital because there is always visiting nurses and find out who else regularly does contract workers, I found the Nuclear Plant does regularly scheduled Outages about 3 times a year about 60 days long.

Hi Marie8425! Thank you! I'm glad you like the apartment! It was my first time doing interior design let alone on a budget haha! I'm still working on upgrades and am happy to have gotten this far! As you have advised, I have made a few changes and would like to make a few more:

1. For the AirBnb New Host Discount, I added a 30% discount in the calendar section, would that be the same thing?
2. For the Chat GPT, can you clarify what info I should plug in and for what copy?

@Ashley1906 

The discount is an Airbnb One that only is showed if you haven't had 3 guests yet you might of had already.

The ChatGPT is so easy  I love it haha  I just put Ad Copy and then my rules I want to disclose like your longer stays my ideas of positives m y guest review ;positives and hit enter

Tada I sound nice lol.

@Ashley1906 

You haven't had any bYour detailed apartment description is excelleookings sol Airbnb should have a special New Host Discount Offer that you check off.  

Your apartment description is excellent  but m aybe mov e it to an other area of your description.  Make the primary description speak to a potential Guest at a more value level.  If you arfe aimin g for contract nurses or similar.  You are  not usually dealing with a couple  Sometimes my inquiries do have two people but usually it is two employees trying to cut their expenses  by sharing.  .  You have a sleep sofa.  If the 1 bath is n otg i n the  bedroom putting a tv in the bedroom  you present actually a  beautiful private and safe apartment t for 2 woman  too conveniently share.

Employees do travel with hiedra pets.  Usually adult calm  logis.  They linked yards  but the next best thing is to  be on the ground floor. lol

Since you have to market to probably 1 guest at a time.I set a 1 person price that takes into account that occasionally especially if their employment contract is long they may want a spouse to visit for a week.  A few dollars to  my set nightly rate when  this happens they love  me no charge haha.

Then if they do sahy 2 Guests I hbav ed a set reasonable increase.  IK am  not renting another room b ut more water electricity all that fun

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ashley1906, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, and congratulations on your beautiful property 😊

Some of our experienced Hosts have shared their suggestions. Have you had the chance to read them? I am reaching out to some more Hosts in case they would like to share their feedback: @Jonathan2534@Karen114@Lorina14@Shelley159 and @Elena4354 

I hope this helps 🙌

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Paula , Yes, I have read the above guests' very beneficial information and am working on implementing the suggestions! I am appreciative of any new recommendations! More eyes are definitely better than one pair! 

Melissa289
Level 3
Ashland, OR

Hi @Ashley1906 ! 
Host of 7 years here and originally from Cincy. I’d say it’s definitely your location and that you need 30+ days. Have you tried those traveling nurse websites? If you’re by hospitals those will work. Most nurses book out at least 30 days in advance though so you may have to wait a month until you get anyone. 

Your place looks lovely ! Excellent work ! Hope this helps 💛

Karen430
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Hi @Ashley1906 , I have been hosting multiple properties for over 16 years now. The main suggestions I have is to get a professional photographer who does Airbnb shoots (not just real estate). Some of your pictures are not flattering such as the one showing a tv cord and a hallway. Also, your notes are likely to scare people away. I appreciate your honesty but since there are so many noise related notes, it makes it seem like a noisy place. I would just remove them. If it is located in the city, people expect noises so just leave them out. Nice that you provide a white noise machine, do keep that in the amenities.

How about your rates? Do you use a pricing tool? If not, spend time comparing your rates to others in the same vicinity. You may want to list things that are nearby to do and where to shop. Make people want to come and stay looking forward to activities in the area. The decor could use a little color and pizazz. Not trying to offend, just offer some suggestions that might help. The best of luck to you!