Critique my listing

Critique my listing

Sybe_0-1666612350218.png

My name is Chris and I'm from Cedar City, Utah - gateway to the National Parks.  I'm a new host. I'm having trouble connecting to the community group so more experienced hosts can critique my listing.  I tried following the example you shared on the community board.  I think I put the introduction, tag, photo, link etc.; but I cannot find my own listing when I pull the subject up on the board, so I'm not sure I did anything rights. 

Please help as I am super excited to begin this venture.  I'm retiring and we are contemplating adding another Airbnb property.  

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/642058093749912463

3 Replies 3
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Chris17324 

Some observations and recommendations. 

1.  Where is a dining room table and seating for 6 guests? Is there enough dishes, pots/pans, cooking utensils, flatware and glassware for 6?

2.  Not enough living room furniture to seat 6 guests. Consider getting coffee table and end tables with lamps. 

3. Everyone doesn’t play ping pong. Consider removing table and store somewhere that guests can set it up easily if they want to use it. 

4. One of the bedrooms has no end tables or lamps. Where will guest put their keys, wallet, etc. 

I recommend reducing your guest count to 4. 

Thank you very much.  This is helpful.

We do have enough dishes, pots/pans, cooking utensils, flatware and glasses for 6.  Should I mention that or show a photo with the cabinets open? 

We have a billiards table under the ping pong table.  We have extra chairs and portable table to add to the bar stools.  

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Chris17324  You are listed on the UK site. At least the link you posted brought me to your listing- on the UK site. That seems like an issue. 

As @Gwen386 said, reduce your guest count to 4. 

The ping-pong table is questionable. It would be a nice amenity if you had a separate room, but I'm not sure it works as the centerpiece of the rental. 

The decorating theme is very sterile. Can you add some pops of color on the walls with art, or with throw rugs on the floor? 

The pics that look best are the ones where all of the lights are on. Do you have more lighting you can turn on that would make the pics look better? 

Nix the crib, or have it available on an "ask for it" basis. 

Overall, I think the place just needs warming up a bit. 

Good luck.