Do you offer leisure equipment?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you offer leisure equipment?

Quincy_0-1657209113312.jpeg

Hello everyone, 

Many Hosts live in different locations, for example, some Hosts live near a beach, near a lake, or perhaps a more urban environment. 

I have seen that some Hosts on the CC offer outdoor equipment such as bicycles, canoes, and various other pieces of outdoor equipment (looking at you @Debra300 👀)

Some pieces of equipment could potentially enhance the stay for a guest, should they want to make use of outdoor equipment or discover a previously unknown affinity for white water rafting!

Do you rent out any outdoor or sports equipment, and how do you manage this? 

I look forward to reading your comments 🙂

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

20 Replies 20
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Quincy,

We offer, e-bikes, and beach towels and umbrellas which can be used to relax after dipping in the sea.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I saw the e-bikes that you offer @Debra300 👀. Do guests have to pay extra to use the e-bikes? 

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Quincy,

Yes, the e-bikes have a rental fee.  Like @Ann72, the beach towels and umbrellas are offered as regular amenities of the reservation.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I too offer beach towels and beach chairs but I don’t rent them to the guests - they’re part of the stay @Quincy.  I have blueberry rakes and some rather battered tin pails for collecting blueberries.  And snowshoes for anyone who’s intrepid enough to come to Maine in the winter.  ☃️

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw that's lovely to hear @Ann72 😊. Do guests tend to use them often? Also, I'd love to drop by in Maine during winter time 👀

-----

You'd be most welcome @Quincy!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy unfortunately I dont have the space to store extra equipment but I make it up with guests by supplying scones, jam and cream if they arrive before 5pm or a cheese platter after 5pm.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Laurelle3,

I fully understand about storage space.  We had to get creative, and repurpose areas inside and outside of our place.

We are hanging a couple in our foyer.

Aventon Ebikes.jpeg

We used to have a garden bed under our exterior stairs, but replaced it with a storage room for the ebikes.

Ebike storage room.  Neighbor dog, Bella, Bruno's sister.Ebike storage room. Neighbor dog, Bella, Bruno's sister.

Ebikes in Storage.jpeg

Carnival is next week, and we are fully booked.  It's time to take out the bikes to make sure they are prepared for renting.  Bruno is sad that he can't ride the e-bike.

Ebikes and Bruno.jpeg

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Debra300 Pictures of bicycles make me feel instantly at home! These have quite thick tyres though, are they terrain bikes?

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sybe,

Yeah, I am sure that a Nederlander would feel quite warm and fuzzy when seeing bikes.  We have fat tire bikes that were converted into e-bikes.  They have 4 inch wide tires that have a cushy ride, and are very good for riding on sand and snow.  The first time that we saw them was during a visit to NYC in Spring 2021 when we saw bike couriers zipping around on them all over the city, but they've been popular for at least 5 or 6 years.    The bikes that we have hanging in our foyer are commuter bikes, a traditional style and a step-thru style . They are also a lot of fun to ride, and what we normally ride for running errands. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 Scones, jam and cream on arrival sounds like absolute heaven!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We run our guests through our tour store/office and equip them for what they intent to do during their stay: snorkeling, paddle boards, etc. We do not charge for it.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very cool @Fred13! I remember seeing some photos of kayaks and other gear on your listing 😃

-----

Matthew110
Level 2
Grove City, PA

My insurance carrier won't let me give renters access to my water items such as canoes and inflatables.  I used to, but they actually reviewed my listing and made me remove them.