Hi, I am Debra from Australia :) Only started airbnb 6 months ago and still new to hosting. I enjoy staying healthy and fit.

Debra712
Level 1
Port Macquarie, Australia

Hi, I am Debra from Australia :) Only started airbnb 6 months ago and still new to hosting. I enjoy staying healthy and fit.

I am just wondering about my washing machine use by guests. I have a Japanese lady with me for 3 weeks and she wants to use the washing machine every day! Personally I think this wasteful & unnecessary & costly. I said she can use it twice a week. Do you think this is acceptable 

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Debra712 Yes it is expensive, yes it is wasteful and yes it is unnecessary BUT if you want happy guests you need to think about sucking it up. I am sure others do not use your machine at all so it all averages out over time.

Thanks Mike & Jane for advise and yes you do need to stuck something up but I’ve decide not more long stays and not more offering the washing machine. I am a homestay host and have lots of one night stays and that we’ll suit me better. Thanks again 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Debra712 
If you want to limit the use, you have to mention it in your advertisement.
In my Caribbean villa's guests only get a starting quantity of detergent and they pay the electricity and water.
In my Dutch apartment I charge them each time they use the washing machine or the dryer.
Both are mentioned in the advertisement.
Never had a problem.
People know that in our part of the world electricity is very expensive

Debra712
Level 1

Thanks Bob for the heads up

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Debra712 

I am a homeshare host in my house rules I said that guests who are staying a minimum of five days can do one wash a week for clothes and one for their bedding and towels.

Once a day is ridiculous no-one needs to wash that often unless they haven't brought enough clothing with them.

Debra712
Level 1

Thanks Helen 🙂 Yes, I agree it’s ridiculous! I too am a homestay host hosting two rooms. As I need the machine myself & have noticed other airbnb in my area don’t offer the use of the washing machine I will take it off not available. Thanks again