Smart Dead Bolts

Smart Dead Bolts

Hello, want to upgrade to smart deadbolt locks does anyone use any that they would recommend for my ABNB?

6 Replies 6
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Hi @Sonia1562 

Check out these two threads, we discussed some smart deadbolt locks and I shared the cons and pros of the one I use. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Advice-on-your-space/Smart-lock/m-p/1777870#M13116

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Advice-on-your-space/What-smart-locks-are-you-using-with-integra...

Storme0
Level 2
Gulfport, MS

@Sonia1562 Schlage Encode are my favs. They allow syncing of the guest code automatically thru hospitable, and unlike august, don’t eat thru tons of batteries. Also plant a key in a lockbox nearby in case WiFi or electricity goes out. 

Audra64
Level 1
St. Augustine, FL

@Sonia1562 I just replaced both of mine with the Yale Assure 2 with Wifi, and I'm very happy with them. I really like the look of them and they have seamlessly synced with the hospitable platform. They come with or without the physical pushbuttons, and I chose the buttons, because I tried out a touch model before and you could plainly see which numbers had finger prints.

Thanks @Audra64  it was between the Yale and Veisa. Both had great ratings on Amazon and were mentioned on independent sites as being top 10. I went with the Veisa because it had 6 different ways of unlocking including a normal key. Figured in case the mechanism fails. Anyway, we'll see how they work. Thanks for your response!

Michael7579
Level 2
Chapel Hill, NC

Hi @Sonia1562 , I think smart deadbolts are a must. I use Schlage and it allows me to assign a unique code for every guest (for security and their convenience of self-check-in and for me so no need to swap keys). I can also assign a date and time when that code takes effect and when it terminates. For example, if someone is renting from July 1-July 3, I set the randomly selected code for 2:30pm (for a 3:00pm check-in, just in case they are early) and then a termination time/date of 11:00am on July 3 (for a 10:00am check-out time in case they are running late). And I can do that all from my Smartphone wherever I choose to be. I can also open and close the door with a press of a button in case, for some reason, a new guest's code doesn't work. . . I can get them into the house and then figure out and fix the problem.

I hope this helps!

Michael

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sonia1562 ,

I can see that you have received some great suggestions from our members @Michael7579 @Audra64 @Storme0 and @Nur785 .😍

Have you ultimately decided which one would be the most suitable choice for you?

Do keep us posted on its progress!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines