What would you consider kitchen essentials in your listing?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What would you consider kitchen essentials in your listing?

20181124-Cosy_2_BDRM_home-Budapest,Hungary-07923.jpg

Hi everyone,

When it comes to creating a fantastic Airbnb experience for your guests, a well-equipped kitchen is important. Remember, the key is to create a comfortable and convenient space where guests can prepare and enjoy their meals. By providing these kitchen essentials, you can enhance the overall experience for your guests 😊

Having basic appliances like a refrigerator, stove, oven, and microwave allow your guests to store and prepare their meals conveniently  🥘

Additionally you can include cooking essentials such as salt, pepper, cooking oil, and commonly used spices. This will save your guests from having to buy these items for short stays  🙌🏽

You can even go the extra mile and have set up a tea or coffee station for guests who need their caffeine fix 

What cookware, dinnerware, utensils and appliances do you include in your listing? Do you stock up on any basic food items for guests? Is there anything you do which your guests really appreciate? Share your thoughts and recommendations below in the comments 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

45 Replies 45
Stephen1814
Level 1
Milledgeville, GA

If I may offer a renter's perspective: I always rent a full house or condo, so a full kitchen is assumed. I don't really expect a fully stocked kitchen, but I want to be able to make a full breakfast and maybe a simple dinner. Below, I'll list what I consider essentials, nice to have, and not important.

Essential: Coffeemaker with filters, a good skillet (if non-stick, not scratched up please), a good cookpot with lid, decent cutlery with a cutting board, cooking utensils, eating utensils, kitchen basics (colander, can opener, cutting board, etc.), sheet pans (1 or 2), pot holders, salt and pepper.

Nice to have: Plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, cups, etc. are essential, but they don't need to be anything but basic. Just ceramic (no plastic) and clean. Good quality pots and pans are a rare but appreciated bonus.  A tea kettle is nice. An electric tea kettle is awesome. Basic spices and oils (garlic powder, oregano, cooking oil). Basic bakeware. Dishwasher with 2-3 pods. 

Not important: Matching sets, full compliment of spices.

Suggestion: If you have parchment paper available, your sheet pans and bakeware will last longer.