100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169
Craig71
Level 5
Solana Beach, CA

Still a fan and SuperHost but this is my home and I want to see who is requesting to stay. 

Chesney needs to spend more time supporting his providers of inventory and less time being a social justice warrior. 

They are completely slanted to the guests even when guests are nasty and give revenge reviews for having damage claims made of them.  Is Air changing that in favor of removing such  obvious reviews and low *s?

Jennifer955
Level 5
Martindale, TX

Please would you expand on what exactly you mean by, “biggest travel rebound in a century is coming”? I’d like you to specify how this prediction might affect Hosts? 

We just had our biggest year ever in 2021 (22% increase) Rebound?

How slow or busy you've been during the pandemic probably has a lot to do with where your property is and how you've adjusted. WQe've been getting shorter stays - but a lot of them.

I like some of the changes and updates.  What I would really like is to see who the person is that wants to enter my home prior to booking.  I know some people do not present well in pictures, but at least we have an idea about what that person looks like.  

@Priscilla150.  There is no data that demonstrates a connection between the way someone looks and what kind of guest they will be and all of us, whether we believe it or not, operate under a set of biases that have us exclude or judge people on factors that are not relevant.  Better to ask a bunch of questions to find out more about your guest and their plans and check their reviews (and turn off instant book; I figure if someone really wants to stay in your place, they' won't mind the additional step;  when I travel, I want to know more about my host too; I probably wouldn't instant book).  Check out their reviews and never rent to someone whose answers and tone make you uncomfortable.

Stone43
Level 3
Grand Rapids, MI

You keep adding thinks for people to do then might as well stay @ a hotel because this is suppose to be low cost to people and low cost to the host. Thus  then the host has to raise there prices to cover the cost of all the things you want host to do them why even have Airbnb ? prices keep going up because you want more to be done and thats why the prices keep going up. might's well go to a hotel then….

Kathryn51
Level 2
Ridgewood, NJ

My property does not show up in a search for my town.  This is not helpful.

Ronda4
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I particularly like the change of emphasis to offer more support to hosts, but how that translates into reality is another matter.  Having a CS that is able to admit that they don’t know the answer but will find out and get back to you is vital. The problem is this needs to be written into the process that CS follows otherwise, as already said, you get a team member that doesn’t know or knows less than an experienced host and will just give incorrect answers and responses. 

Charlotte41
Level 3
Austin, TX

I just hope I don't have to learn an entirely new formate as a host for many years. This takes time that I do not want to spend. 

John784
Level 5
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ

RE:  Interface design of this Posting

Ummm .... so - Where's the full description of these improvements (hopefully w/ links to each feature).  I'd love ta help ya out, but I can't do all the work ...

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @John784,

You can read more about it here.

Thanks,

Liv

Kathleen164
Level 2
Chilliwack, Canada

I liked the upgrades with more detail about the suites ...the only thing i saw missing was "SLOW COOKER" ..I have a slow cooker in two suites as I don't have ovens...only stove tops so put in a slow cooker in two of the suites for guests to cook their meal in if they liked. 

Diane114
Level 3
Arlington, VA

There’s an emphasis on long term bookings, one of 3 major trends in travel identified. I’m not on board for that unless and until Airbnb provides workable options for: 1) the host requiring a legal rental contract, 2) tenant background checks (there can be charge for it, consistent with industry practice), and 3) real security deposits.
In the jurisdictions where my Airbnb suite is attached to my primary residence, and where my second home is, licenses and regulations applicable to short term and long term (generally 30 days or more) rentals are completely different.

Kristy60
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

Great point! We had one guest stay for 1 month. We contacted him to speak of taking a deposit  and filling out a rental contract to ensure that we were protected at our end. Luckily this guests was happy to do this. Not all guests would. Although, this would mean that AirBnb would be liable for any damage outside of normal wear and tear to the property if the guests renting via AirBnb damaged property and didn't pay. This would come under the host insurance of up to 1million that AirBnb promises.