25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Airbnb
Official Account

25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Your feedback inspired the upgrades we announced on May 3 in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Hosts who opted into Early Access are already using many of the new features, which begin rolling out to everyone in June.

The latest tools help you do things like:

• Compare your price to the average prices of similar listings nearby
  • Easily set and adjust pricing from your calendar
  • Send quick replies with built-in checkout instructions
  • Get read receipts, so you can tell if your messages have been read
  • Share payouts and more account permissions with your Co-Hosts

We also introduced Airbnb Rooms, featuring the Host Passport. If you Host a private room in your home, you can now share more details about yourself with guests in your profile. A new Rooms Category at the top of our homepage highlights some of these listings. And updated search filters make it simple for guests to switch between rooms, homes, and other types of places.

Which feature are you most excited about?     

Select any link below to learn more and discuss these upgrades:

👉New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby   

👉Redesigned pricing tools, all in your calendar 

👉Making your calendar easier to manage in the app

👉Control what Co-Hosts can access and share payouts 

👉Introducing checkout instructions and reminders
👉You asked, we delivered: Announcing read receipts

👉Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on private rooms

Updated on June 6, 2023

82 Replies 82

Hi,

I am new to this community and I really like the check out changes, only I can't figure out how to incorporate this new feature into my listings. Does this mean they are not yet available? or I just can't find it out, LOL! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Penny453 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Did you have a chance to opt-in for Early access? You can read more about it here. 

Also, once you have Early Access to the 2023 Summer Release, you may not be able to opt out of it.

If you opt-in, do let us know what you think of the new features. We are excited to hear your feedback!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

no here in the United States we do not see opt out early access anywhere

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@BarbGrace0 

You are automatically opted out - it is an opt in service. Like others here in the CC, you are welcome to observe and see what your fellow Hosts think of the update before opting in.

Thanks

-----

@Penny453  - In the content of the video there is a "Get Started" that hosts can tap for "Early Access" - to try out the new features and give feedback.

It cautions that 

"Once you have Early Access to the 2023 Summer Release, you can’t go back to the current version of these features."

does that sound reasonable to anyone? Once you try it and you can’t figure it out and it absolutely is horrible. Oh well oops too bad you’re stuck with it. Does that sound reasonable super hosts? We care so much about you???

for all your appreciation, we’re going to help you get stuck with something you can’t come back from!!!!!!!!!! does anyone else fine just absolutely ridiculous. I’m afraid to try it.!!!! it sounds to me that it’s another way of eliminating the use of human compassion, cooperation, understanding ,support, the list goes on and on,

I’ll just wait and see how that new

THING  works out for very brave hosts

Who CANNOT COME BACK FROM IT!!!!

Having stupidly opted into the early access, I can assure you the fact that you'd can't reverse it awful. If anyone is tempted to opt in - DON'T. What they've done to the pricing tools is dreadful, especially moving the custom trip lengths. 

Do you work for Airbnb Flavia?

I am skeptical of any new releases or messages from Airbnb.  My experience as a host of 6 years is that these sound bytes are all marketing fluff to try and entice new hosts and create an illusion for experienced hosts that Airbnb cares and is supportive of our businesses.  There is nothing that has happened during our time with Airbnb as hosts or guests that has us believe Airbnb is interested in doing anything that reduces liability or safety for guests or hosts.  That is why they are updating and forcing hosts to sign mediation agreements in order to remain on their platform.

Any changes Airbnb makes are only driven by increasing revenue.  They greedily have not learned  that taking to heart and hearing what hosts  are saying will organically increase their companies bottom line.  I'm not talking about Airbnb being primarily focused on hearing from "mega property hosts" and hotels but average hosts, people who have one Airbnb in their homes.  People like most of us who are trying to meet the gaps between inflation, costs of living and our current  incomes.

No, I don't, @Mandrake-And-Karen0 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mandrake-And-Karen0 ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this and previous releases. It’s always great to hear from a Superhost of tenure such as yourself. 

I wanted to clarify some of your remarks above. As outlined on the Host release update, , we have released several products that are specifically in response to Host demand. To name a few: read receipts on messaging, checkout instructions to make it easier for Hosts to give guests clear guidance on finishing their stay, and price breakdown to make it as clear as possible to Hosts what their take home is for each booking. 

Both my team and myself have manually read more than 1.5 million posts over the past nearly 8 years of the Community Center. In this time, we’ve seen multiple calls for the above mentioned updates as well as the desire for Airbnb to refocus on its roots of Room hosting The launch of Airbnb Rooms fits precisely your comment “Airbnb being primarily focused on hearing from "mega property hosts" and hotels but average hosts, people who have one Airbnb in their homes.” 

I encourage you to read further on the update and perhaps try some out yourself! Here’s more details on the Private Rooms update I mentioned too. 

Lastly, The fact that other Hosts think differently (than you) about a particular feature or update is, in essence, what makes this space such a rich resource. 

Opinions will always differ and it’s important to let others have those opinions without remarking on it. Let’s constructively disagree!

Let me know what you think of the update once you’ve had a chance to dig in!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

We are not blocking others from sharing their opinions just sharing our own. Isn't that what the Host Circle is for? Surely Airbnb doesn't expect everyone to be "pie in the sky" about their offerings or remain silent. 

We have developed our own communication system, in part is required by the county where we live in order for our rental to be licensed.  Also, as business owners, (yes Airbnb is a business for us), we have created our own strategies for each part of the process that engages guests.

Our frustration, as I shared in another conversation that I started, is the ease in which a guest can join the booking platform  and causes problems/liabilities for hosts on the back end.  My suggestion is that Airbnb' REQUIRE brand new guests to complete profiles (or passports) and review a brief video training tutorial, as part of the registration process, BEFORE they are able to book..  Seems like that would be a no-brainer as it would cut down on some issues that a good bit of hosts deal with- lack of understanding that guests are staying in someone's home and how it's different from a hotel and to not damage the place.

AIrbnb said it's launching a Host mentorship program yet there is no requirement for guest training/orienting as part of the registration process.  Still the disparities remain in Airbnb's understanding and treatment of guests and hosts.

I  AGREE

It took me 10 minutes just to phrase a question regarding the new summer 2023 calendar. This host circle should be about a discussion amongst hosts. Why is everything so censored and complex now even amongst the host discussion circles, we’re limited to what we can say?? Please advise.

this is the fifth time I’ve tried to post this question I am trying to find out is this a host community forum we were at are allowed to discuss anything amongst each other five times my post has been taken down because it says it contains  a HTML,,, 

?????? where? I’m trying to ask a question regarding an issue.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @BarbGrace0 ,

Sorry to hear about these hiccups when trying to post in the Community Center. I have reviewed the moderator area and can see nothing has been flagged there. Something I noticed about what you said about the “html” warning is quite familiar to me. 

Do you mind letting me know if you are writing your posts somewhere else then pasting them into the CC? I’ve done it in the past as well: what happens is wherever you write your post has formatting applied to it that works in that program but is not supported in the text editor on the CC. So when you paste and post it, the text editor removes the formatting that doesn’t work and gives that error message. At that point, if you click post again it should go through no issues.

Sorry for the frustration there - I can see you managed to get your posts through eventually but it’s less than ideal to have that error come up.

Regarding your comment about a previous Airbnb case, I’m going to reach out to you via DM and also follow up on your posts from FebruaryMarch here on the CC. 

Looking forward to supporting you further,

Stephanie

-----

OM Goodnesss 

THANK U THANK U FOR SOMEONE ALSO HAS & FEELS THE EXACT SAME WAY as I have been feeling all on my own here for over six years,..

regarding simple common sense, rules and regulations that one would need to rent a car in our country. No an instant book 2 hours later ,,,I had a 7‘3“ tall man who just was released from prison, one day prior as he sat down at my table and proceed to stay the night communicating with me via text regarding what I’ll find if I look him up  and believe you me after that, I believe everyone in their own neighborhood county should have their own community Airbnb Business forum rules discussions regulations because he was a registered sex offender don’t get me started How he is  free to walk around after only serving six years! But let me tell you I never again felt safe from Airbnb verified AGAIN!!!  And Lordy Lordy don’t say something that may appear and fall under their rules and regulation violations, or simply have an invisible undertones you’ll start a riot on Host forum …Good for you both!!!!

I wish you the very best that was very wise of you and I think once I get out of the hospital from Guest constantly bringing Covid to my home, I will present the same regimen for our county here in Florida.

You rock, 

Silver springs, Maryland I miss my ex brother-in-law, who lives there also. 

lol 

Thank you, thank you again for such wise nothing short of genius perspective, and suggestions