A new dashboard gives a clear view of your earnings

Airbnb
Official Account

A new dashboard gives a clear view of your earnings

EARNINGDASH.png

It’s easier to make plans for your hosting business when you can view your earnings in one place. Our redesigned earnings dashboard makes this possible. You’ll find a detailed breakdown of past and future payouts, customizable reports, filters, and search.

The update is part of the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release.  You’ll find the new earnings dashboard in your hosting menu once you opt in to Early Access. Get more details about what’s in the dashboard on the Resource Center.

40 Replies 40

@Renee526 we do not rely on Airbnb as they keep changing their systems. All bookings go into an excel spreadsheet that allows us to calculate whatever data our authorities demand from us.

I agree, this is a huge problem.

Salma17
Level 3
Rochester, NY

While it is nice that the ability to access earnings is back on the app, the new Earnings tab is missing a lot of critical information that was previously available.

The data in the chart only goes back 6 months.  Where is the rest of it? And why are we no longer able to view detailed information for each month? I regularly rely on the data for the year, as well as previous years. 

As well, we used to be able to see a clear summary of the following for each month:

- booked/unbooked nights

- occupancy rate

- cleaning fees 

I use all of the above stats regularly and now they seem unavailable unless I'm willing to manually check each transaction, which is extremely inefficient.

While I appreciate that Airbnb is always looking to make improvements, I fail to find any benefit to this new Earnings tab.  On the contrary, it has made simple analyses very difficult.

I absolutely disgusted with changes!

Why can't we see the team transaction history for all our listings anymore? This was a simple dropdown menu before this completely unhelpful update. We could view our transactions, team transactions for all properties, and individual transactions for every property. This is very confusing and has removed the primary feature we use Teams for.

Andy2699
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I don't know what your design team was thinking with this rework. You've removed our ability to view the monthly earnings breakdowns from previous years. I would regularly compare my earnings for the current year with the previous one to ensure that my business was stable. Now, all I have is the current year.

Nerys18
Level 2
Mont Albert, Australia

Completely agree. The earnings tab is now next to useless. Being able to quickly see previous year's earnings and compare month by month was crucial. No idea what they were thinking at all.

Cristian133
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hi,

I agree with most of the posts here. This new dashboard may look cooler to you, but it doesn't really work at all. 

The six-months-before-and-after preview makes no sense, specially if we cannot see anything else, wich is utterly stupid. Taxes are considered yearly and we need to see the natural year. 

As an example: I can deduce the percentage of my rent considering my earnings and occupation monthly. Taking away that information makes me to look for the excel sheets manually, wich is way more time and proner to errors. 

Also, I need to see my monthly performance from previous years to manage prices. This is not the League of Legends ranking, we take this seriously.

So please, go back to the previous interface, wich worked just fine for years and nobody complained about it. 

We know that this is probably a graphic design or whatever team mess, trying to helps about things they don't really understand. You can keep the bars colored in magenta besides black, if you feel like it and need and excuse to pay their salaries. 

Curtis183
Level 1
California, United States

New chart: cool. Removing the ability to view and export earnings for a listing on which I'm the co-host: not cool. Please bring it back pronto as it's preventing me from filing our local taxes.

Hi Airbnb, just to give you some feedback on the EARNINGS functionality page changes ..

Changing the pictorial view of yearly earnings view (2021 / 2022/ 2023) which also showed the monthly earning bar and the yearly total on the same page  would have been best left as it was. 

It was so simple to get a snapshot view of what happened the previous year or years without faffing around and clicking like 20 times to get to info that used to take you just 3 clicks before.

I hope you revert back to the old way and have this new way as an add on for those that need to get granular.

From a UX standpoint the extra clicking and mental processing is just not a good experience.  

Wilson-And-Emily0
Level 2
Williamsburg, VA

I hate this new earnings dashboard!  I can no longer find my gross earnings, which I need to pay my county & state taxes!  Has this information just been arbitrarily removed or is it hidden somewhere impossible to find!  The UX is garbage, please revert back to the old dashboard where I can actually access the information I NEED to pay my taxes! 

Same! This is the worst "improvement" I could have devised. I send feedback in every week. Hoping that enough complaints come in for them to revert or provide an option to revert. I early adopted, and regret it. My county and state taxes needed the cleaning fees, days rented, etc and hand tabulating it all every month is such a pain. Why in the world would a development team think removing detail is better for the host? Unreal. 

Joseph1359
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I'm in agreement with the other hosts. This is really a big step back and comes off like the changes were driven by people who don't actually have experience hosting. Airbnb design choices usually seem so intuitive. This one was a disappointing exception.

Please change the "earnings" section back to the way it was before. It is really helpful to have a quick summary of the TOTAL earnings for the month (paid and upcoming) as well as a way to quickly toggle between the previous month, current month, next month, and then compare this to previous years.

The new update took away the most basic information and tools that we as hosts use to work with the financial end of things. County occupancy taxes, property manager capabilities, even simple monthly reports. Please change it back

Chris17694
Level 2
Wheat Ridge, CO

This is honestly a disaster! Please give us the option to go back to the old earnings view until you get it sorted out. Promoting this as a useful change - when in reality it takes away tons of useful information - and then not giving the us the option to switch back while it's still being tweaked is a bad practice. It is a terrible update for hosts. I just switched and am getting ready to prepare to file taxes, and this new interface makes it 100 times harder to gather the necessary information. It's like someone tried to make it pretty and cool but didn't consider user functionality at all and never took into account the view of the people this intended for: the host. I can't even get a handle of basic things needed to manage my properties effectively. 

I'd like to reiterate that the biggest issues - in addition to a bunch of smaller ones - are that:

- We can't see graph views and quick earnings summaries going back beyond six months. We need to see prior months and prior years in as easy-to-use interface, like the old one. Now we have to manually go back and tally every transaction up or download complicated reports and do all the math ourselves? Not being able to easily compare each month to the same month a year ago makes it extremely difficult to manage our properties effectively. 

- We can't easily see how much money went to cleaning fees for past months, past years, and upcoming months, which is absolutely necessary to both manage my properities and to file taxes. It looks like we have to download every single month and tally everything up for every transaction. This will take a ton of time - it was extremely easy in the old version and makes no sense to take away so much information. 

Again, please give us the option to switch back because this is not ready for the market and needs a lot of work.