Check out your Superhosts rewards

Airbnb
Official Account

Check out your Superhosts rewards

Earlier this year, Airbnb announced that it was expanding its rewards program for Superhosts. Several new benefits were introduced, including an extra 20% cash bonus for referring new hosts. (Hosts can make up to $600 in referrals, depending on their location.) That’s in addition to the benefits Superhosts have long enjoyed, like priority placement in search results and the Superhost profile badge.

Since then, the Airbnb team has done more research to improve the Superhost experience even more. That’s why they’ve decided to adjust certain rewards to focus on the most impactful benefits. The goal is to expand the rewards program in the next year or so. Stay tuned for announcements on this— hopefully by early 2019.

If you’re a Superhost and want to learn more, log in to your account and visit the Superhost rewards portal.

The Airbnb team would love to hear your thoughts on Superhost rewards. Which benefits do you enjoy most? Which new benefits would you like to see?

We look forward to hearing from you on this one.

Thanks!

Legal disclaimer: By selecting "Post", you agree to share your ideas publicly and without any expectation of confidentiality or compensation of any kind. While Airbnb welcomes your contributions, Airbnb may be working independently on similar policies, products, or features, and may choose to review and/or implement your ideas in its sole discretion. You also agree that the https://www.airbnb.com/terms and https://www.airbnb.com/terms/privacy_policy apply to your use of this and all Community Center pages.

219 Replies 219
Kris168
Level 1
Australia

Hi, I had a great experience with the photograher AirBNB organised for me.  Very professinal and photos turning out fantastic.  You should give it a go, you can always go back to your old photos if you're not happy with what they do.  

Eric-and-Uru0
Level 10
Osaka Prefecture, Japan

Cash incentives for Superhosts don't work. 

Instead:

1. Give us higher search rankings than non superhosts. 

2. Ability to have up to 2 cancellations for no reason 

3. Ability to have 2 reviews to be deleted for no reason

4. Still get compensated 50% amount for any cancellations even in the event of natural disasters

if you have strict cancellation policy enabled.

(As some of here do Airbnb full time. How is that income going to be replaced?) 

5. Provide a points reward system for Superhosts (even guests) just like hotels and airlines. 

Ryan421
Level 6
Mauritius

As a superhost I had to accept ungrateful and unrespectful people through instant booking in fears of having cancellation penalty, received fake reviews on purpose without being able to do anything even with Proofs.

Ganesh2
Level 6
Udupi, India

1) As a Indian, $100 which you offered me for maintaining super host status for year long was joke! Because as per your terms I have to go outside India to spend it! Better think about something else like cash reward of $100 for Indians like us will be better.

2) Day by day you are making our homes as hotel. First you introduced instant booking then now new requirement of "Accepted Reservations" And giving us to maintain target of 88%. We are hosting at home, we cannot host people who book like a hotel without reading complete listing!

I see a lot of superhosts requesting exemptions, the right to remove three reviews etc etc etc. you earn a Superhost status because you are a brilliant host which turns negatives into positives - giving guests , even the tricky ones , the best possible experience .  Stop complaining about the limitations and live up to the high standards - this is what separates you from all other hosts .   There will always be less favorable  reviews but that’s life . Sorry guys - suck it up 🙂

Mary1244
Level 5
Bratislava, Slovakia

Superhost a should have discount when using Airbnb as travelers. Lets say 20%. I also use it when travel, its always a n. 1.choice to find a place via Airbnb for my holidays or travels. 

Nat57
Level 4
Sofia, Bulgaria

I am happy with the better visibility we get as Superhosts as well as the 100$ reward (yet one should be able to split it and use it in any country he/she wants). Also removing a comment or two would be great as usually the guests are fantastic people but you always get the occasional one who is disrespectful, demanding and never pleased with anything. 

Christine243
Level 3
Port Macquarie, Australia

As a super host, I have appreciated 2 of the travel vouchers, but in this hugely successful company a few rewards should be offered.

I suggest every 100 rewards you get a reward...financial , like bank interest ! I recently got my 500th review and not an email from anyone!

I agree that you should be able to cancel 1 or 2 each year.

Heather131
Level 5
Hastings, United Kingdom

I don’t think we should feel under pressure to accept every guest. If my family are away and I’m alone in the house I feel more comfortable accepting couples or women rather than a single man. It’s my home and I have to feel safe and trust my instincts.

Josip28
Level 2
Šibenik, Croatia

As a superhost, I would like to be able to pay for my trips using the money I earned by hosting. This would make it easier for hosts to make a booking.

Example:

There already exists possibility to set a limit for minimum payout by Airbnb. Let's say that I have amount of X there and I make booking for the price of Y. After this I would have X-Y left for payout.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

100$ reward is very nice . This month I spent 2 relaxing days with my friend and our dogs on the coast. It was my first Airbnb trip and it was great!  Tnx 🙂

The best reward is a priority help line 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww this is great to hear @Branka-and-Silvia0. I am very pleased to hear you are taking some time to relax, I know how busy you are with hosting. I hope the weather was nice for you. Croatia has such a beautiful coastline, I hope your dogs also enjoyed themselves. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dear Lizzie

As a truly committed Super host who is currently enduring abusive and physically threatening phone calls from a recent guest following a bad review by me ALL I ASK FOR IS A PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT SUPPORT SYSTEM TO HELP ME DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION!

So far I have been told repeatedly it is not their problem!

suzie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Suzie38,

Lovely to meet you, I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your recent guest. Just a couple of things, are you able to block the calls you are receiving? 

Also, in case you aren't aware you can also flag a person on your Airbnb profile, if you go to their Airbnb profile, underneath their name, you will see a little flag button. It looks like this: 

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 15.25.33.png

Also, I would try contacting our Support Team again to speak with someone again about this. Here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to reach them. 

I really hope you get this resolved shortly.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Marlous0
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

This is the second time I have received a $100 reward to put towards a booking and I greatly appreciate it as we use Airbnb when we are travelling as much as we can.