Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release

Airbnb
Official Account

Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release

Today, we’re introducing upgrades for Hosts as part of the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release. This includes the Listings tab, a set of new tools that let you easily manage your listing and showcase the details of your home. 

The key features of the new Listings tab are the redesigned listing editor, AI-powered photo tour, and smart lock integration. Play this video for a demo from CEO Brian Chesky.

Beyond the Listings tab, the 2023 Winter Release includes even more upgrades for Hosts:

• New earnings dashboard: A redesigned dashboard gives you a clear view of your earnings in one place. You’ll find a detailed breakdown of past and future payouts, customizable reports, filters, and search. 
  • Updated Co-Host tools: We’ve added two new ways to share your cleaning fee payout with your cleaner or Co-Host. Plus, you can now message Co-Hosts right from your inbox on Airbnb to coordinate upcoming reservations.

For guests, there are new ways to find great stays. Guest Favorites are some of the most-loved homes on Airbnb, according to guests. And we’ve redesigned the ratings page, adding new features to help guests understand the quality of every home.

You can opt in to Early Access to start using these upgrades or wait for them to roll out to all Hosts in the coming months. Learn how Early Access works and how to share feedback

Which feature are you most excited about?

Learn more about the 2023 Winter Release:

52 Replies 52
Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Still no fix of the default search period of one week any time. We're still not able to set one night any time. 

Why are Airbnb not listening? This default setting is hiding thousands of hosts from search results. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mariann4, thank you for taking time to share your feedback, which we always take into account.

What do you think about the new features that have been released?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I think that it's more important to fix the issues that are already there @Quincy . I am a SuperHost. Just not anymore. Since Airbnb now promotes me as Guest Favourite. I didn't ask for the guest favourite badge to hide my superhost badge. 

Problem is we are asked afterwards. No. That's wrong. We're told afterwards. And when we raise concerns you simply don't care.

@Mariann4   We got beautiful and detailed icons and that shows how Airbnb care  (Brian's words)  🙂

I would be happier if ABB fixed old, important issues, like 5 pets for 1 pet fee included in accommodation price instead of a separate fee, 5 free infants, showing kids-unfriendly listings to families with kids, default 1 week/any weekend default search etc etc...

And what about cleaning fee for short and long stays? Why they can't be the same amount? Why I have to charge 9€ short stay to be able to charge 10€ longer stays? I don't like 9€, I like round numbers. And why ABB just erased cleaning fees for short stays so we lost cleaning fees before we noticed and made changes?

Why ABB hides important info like description and house rules behind "show more >>" links that nobody can find and read? It makes our job so much more complicated and time consuming than it should be.

Excactly @Branka-and-Silvia0 !

There are SO many issues that needs to be adressed first. 

Also: every time there's a new release thousands of hosts get kicked out in the dark from search results. It has happened to me three times now with two summer releases and one winter release. I'm still invisible in the new search method due to the default setting of one week.

And @Airbnb is not helpful. They are taking income from hosts by continuously adding more bugs to their system with their new releases in stead of fixing their old.

Now with the new verdict in Italy where Airbnb is deemed guilty of tax crime their bugs are starting to cost THEM money as well....

Kirsten266
Level 10
Heemskerk, Netherlands

A possibility to add photos in automatically send messages!  @Quincy 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kirsten266, It's lovely to see you here! Thank you so much for sharing a suggestion to add a feature.

In addition to the suggestion you've shared, what do you think of the upgrades? 

I would love to hear your feedback on this.

Quincy 

-----

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Quincy are you or other moderators even listening? Hosts have given Airbnb feedback for years on issues that need resolving, but instead of implementing them Airbnb, in their wisdom, choose to come up with random "improvements" and totally ignoring hosts suggestions, which is apparent in this last update. 

Guests have commented this on the thread and it feels like their comments have been brushed aside as you're more interested in thoughts on the new update. Unbelievable...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Robbie54, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts here.

The Community Center team's role is to ensure this community remains safe, engaged and constructive – we're not directly involved in building new features on the platform.

However, we will always do our best to ensure that all the feedback that is shared with us does make it to the right team.

If you want to give feedback directly you can do it here.

Thank you,

Quincy

-----

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao!

In general I like the new Winter Release, although there are some things yet to fix, for example I would like to have the possibility to sort the photos in each room of the photo tour.

I agree that unfortunately there are bugs that have not yet been resolved, not even with the new release, such as “Where you'll sleep" section – order reversed https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Where- you-ll-sleep-quot-section-order-reversed/td-p/1844927

Hope it is on the way ...

Andrea

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrea6232, I hope you're doing well! I appreciate you taking time to read the upgrades. 

Please do continue sharing your feedback as it is very helpful to us. 

Thank you,

Quincy 

-----

Ciao @Quincy , another feedback: I did not see any possibility of changing the order in which rooms in the photo tour are displayed, I think this possibility could be useful.

Andrea

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrea6232, thanks for getting back to me. This Help Center article should explain more about reordering photos.

If you still run into some issue with this, please let me know and I will reach out to you to request more info about this. 

I hope this helps.

Quincy 

-----

Thanks @Quincy , the article says "Within the photo tour, you can reorder the first five photos on your cover page" ... but I would like to reorder all of them!