Host questions answered: Airbnb’s Summer Release

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Host questions answered: Airbnb’s Summer Release

404769105_0556.jpg

Updated Jun 19, 2022

Just to share a quick update that we have created the promised Resource Center guidelines for listing descriptions has been published and you can read it here.

Hi Hosting Community, 

A month ago, we introduced the Airbnb 2022 Summer Release with a new way to search designed around Airbnb Categories

Since then, we’ve gathered feedback from thousands of Hosts through our Community Center, Host Clubs, emails, and in workshops with the Host Advisory Board and Host leaders. Thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions. 

Today, we want to share an update on some of the important feedback you’ve shared.  More updates will follow. 

You can read about them here.

Please continue to share your ideas and feedback as it directly assists in how we evolve our platform. 

Your continued support, feedback and constructive thoughts on this and many of our release features is incredibly valuable and I encourage you to continue sharing here.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

258 Replies 258
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessie-Rose0 You can find all the latest info and answers we've got here, including what is being changed and what we are working on: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/host-questions-answered-airbnbs-summer-release-53...

We will keep you updated when more news become available. I hope this helps!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks @Emilie but this explains the titles should of changed back on 30th June but mine hasn’t?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessie-Rose0 I did a quick search and your listing came up first - as you can see below, the title you've written is visible now, in grey. If you have more feedback do let us know though, and I'll happily relay it to the team! 🙂

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 11.05.24.png

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

I thought they were going back to how they were in bold at the top? Is there anyway of changing this? My studio is so much more than a ‘Private room in Kent’! 

the pricing seems wrong, in the screenshot from the admin it shows 173 Euro a night, when I click on your listing from your profile it's 77 Euro a night

Airbnb add tons of taxes, service fees, etc etc but there is a glitch in their sum because it adds it incorrectly… showing a very expensive rate instead the real one

This is more lies and nonsense from Airbnb. The listing titles have NOT reverted for ANYONE! They ALL still have generic titles which encourages no one to book. The system is completely broken and I think most people have moved on by now. Both guests and hosts. Airbnb used to be our main platform for bookings, but now we get about 99% from other platforms.

Hi Emile

please can you help with the replies?

the pricing is wrong?!

thanks

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessie-Rose0 Apologies for the late response! I've just had another look and from what I can see, in the search results, the pricing includes all fees and the total seems to add up: 

Search resultsSearch resultsListing pageListing page

However if you spot an error please let the Support team know, so they can dig into it further!

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Hi Millie, 

just looked at your link, do not see  any changes ? 

Who are the "host advisers" mentioned in the article ? 

What are you working on ? 

Very disappointing 

Norm

Patricia1945
Level 8
Hobart, Australia

Yes I absolutely think airbnb should be answering these questions and I'm sure when hosts find out the damage it has caused and is causing they will want answers as well , where are you airbnb ?

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

I've done all the "usual" things.
I've changed photos.
I've rewritten descriptions.
I've changed my titles.

And here it is peak travel season and I have ZERO bookings.

Stephanie365_0-1657514324510.png

Bee149
Level 3
Little Faringdon, United Kingdom

I have done exactly the same . Zero zero bookings … this is my only income !!!!!!

I hope you have jumped on all the other platforms by now. Airbnb is likely gone forever, at this point, I don't think they're planning on making a come back.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Okay, so categories are still driving me insane.

Through a lot of searching, I managed to find all three of my listings (which are private rooms in the same house) in the shared homes category. One of them (usually my least popular room because it is the smallest) comes up straight away when I search for my area of London. The other two don't show up unless I zoom in basically above my house.

Then I tried out 'iconic cities' of which London is included. Had to zoom in tighter on my location to see that one listing but the other two could not be found, even when zooming in above my house. So, not sure if they are included, but then why is one room in there and not the others?

Exactly the same thing happens when I search the 'historical homes' category. Only that one listing comes up and the other two are missing. This has nothing to do with availability. One of the other rooms (which used to be much more popular than this one) has earlier availability and, besides, apart from shared homes, I didn't use dates to search the categories. 

It would be so much more helpful if there was an easy way to see which categories our listings are in so we didn't have to waste time doing all this detective work. In fact, if Airbnb is determined to stick with this category format, which it seems they are, why not show each category on the individual listing for both host and guests to see? It all seems a bit cloak and dagger to me...