What would you like to see in our Host Newsletter?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What would you like to see in our Host Newsletter?

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 10.32.36.png

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember the Airbnb Host newsletter we shared every month a few years ago. Well, we are excited to share that we are bringing it back! And to make sure it’s a valuable resource to our wonderful Host community, we would love your input on what types of content you’d like to see.

Please do share your thoughts in the comments with any other ideas you have for how we can shape our Host newsletter next year!

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Quincy data, data and more data please. Airbnb has tons and it would great to see some.

+1 to this! was chatting with someone today about this, how there must be SO much data and we get nothing. 

however, this is a fluffy newsletter they are talking about.....  @Mike-And-Jane0  how will the info in it differ to the forums? apart from being even more sanitized? 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good shout @Mike-And-Jane0, this is a request we have seen multiple times on the CC. I'll make sure to emphasize on this in our next meeting with the wider team. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

I filled in the above form, but it would be great to have clear updates on all policy changes and updates to the website, of which there have been many recently.

And how about having Q&As on these, where real hosts get to ask questions? I've noticed that many of the articles Airbnb has published on recent changes are missing crucial information and hosts are still in the dark about much of it, hence all the discussions on the CC trying to decipher what this or that means and whether this or that has changed.

The updated review process from the guest side would be a great topic to start with as we have SO many questions about that still.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy as @Huma0 has suggested After each topic have a section for hosts to ask question. One to be answered by admin team and one by hosts with positivehelpful  answers.

Christina163
Level 10
United States

We would much rather have support when we have issues versus these lists.

It took me two months to remove a retaliatory review when I had the guest's emails asking me if he could stay another week & then he got mad/left me a review with no stars for House Rules when I wouldn't give it to him for free...I sent in tons of emails asking Airbnb what House Rule I broke & they could not give me a straight answer.

I think we need regionalized support groups. US broken into 4 regions & larger states like Texas & California made into sub-territories.

The only insight most of us care about is when our listing isn't getting bookings...like if it's being hidden or not visible due to location settings or if the prices are too high.

I don't even know what Diversity & Sustainability mean....throwing terms around like this are woke dance moves to me.  We want to make money.  We all open our houses up to people from everywhere around the world...how much more diversity can you possibly get?