A guest brought a pet into my house, and I did not know

Lana971
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

A guest brought a pet into my house, and I did not know

Hello, I’ve been hosting a guest For about four weeks now. I just got a call from my neighbor that they had brought a pet into my home. I was not aware of this until now and they have been hiding it for almost 30 days now. I specifically said in my listing that I do not want pets at my home. I don’t know what to do. I need help please

2 Replies 2
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Lana971 

Hmmm...seeing that you are in SF, and California has tenants' rights after 30 days, I cannot venture to guess what you  may be up against legally - pets and otherwise.  May I suggest you get some professional legal advice? Best of luck, and let us know what transpires

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

It sounds like your guests, have been in your home for one month. How much longer is your AIRBNB contract with them staying at your house? 
Would your neighbor be able to get a photograph of the pet? I’m guessing it’s a dog?

if so, then you can call AIRBNB customer service and show them the photograph and hopefully they can assist you with the proper pet deposit or if you would decide to kick them out?