AIRBNB RATING

Fulvio44
Level 1
Palermo, Italy

AIRBNB RATING

I had  a 5 stars rating for over 5 years, until someone Bach in July 2023 left me with 4 stars compromising my 5 stars rating, downgrading to 4.98, reasonable but very unfair and demotivated for all work that we do to unsure that guest have the best assistance and support.

What did I do wrong? According to this customer the crockery, high quality pots and pans made of copper  were not practical, is this a good reason to score 4? Review should be constructive, and should follow a guideline. From the same guests another 4 star was associated to the type of light that exist on the street, for them not enough flights. I live in the historical city centre of Palermo, unique area that resemble in terms of lighting the old fashioned lamps. The street is well lit, but according to this guests wasn’t enough. No one has never complained about that.

The worse part is, as we speak July 2024, in-spite I had all 5 stars since last July 2023, my rating  still at 4.98, this isn’t acceptable. 
I asked support to Airbnb’s, this is another story, they are unable to explain why after 1 full year my status hasn’t changed.

I’ve spoken to support again just fees days ago asking to explaining such unacceptable behaviour, I’m still waiting for a call back, no one has done so. 
is it normal that after July 2023 to July 2024 after a solid 5 stars rating NOTHING HAS CHANGED MY RATE BACK TO 5 STARS? 
How many years do I have to wait to get back to 5? I’m looking for support from other hosts. 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fulvio44 You should be rejoicing in not having the stress and angst of attempting to keep a 5 star rating. A few other points if I may:

1) If you have travelled with Airbnb you will know that 4 stars is Very Good whereas 5 is Excellent. Generally 5 stars is actually quite hard to achieve if guests are being honest.

2) Due to the way mathematics works it will take about 250 5 star reviews to get your rate back to 5 stars and it is highly unlikely you will achieve this.

3) Be happy that if you keep your rating in the 4.9something and the textual reviews are good then people will book with you.

4) Stop waiting for a phone call from support - Its not going to happen I am afraid.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Fulvio44 It has nothing to do with years but number of reviews and basic math to find the average (arithmetic mean) of your overall score.

You have two 4-star reviews so basic math tells you that you will need 398 Five-star reviews to bring your average back to a 5.0.

398 review x 5 stars = 1990

2 reviews x 4 stars = 8

1990 + 8 = 1998 / 400 total reviews = 4.995 average which will round to 5.0.