Adding A Co Host- I Get This Error

Mandy137
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Adding A Co Host- I Get This Error

There was an error loading your data.
com.airbnb.viaduct.errors.ViaductException:queried user not listing's Co-Host

If I have a co host, I am unable to add a second one. I get the above error. How do I fix this? 

2 Replies 2
Frederick153
Level 3
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @Mandy137 ,

It sounds like you're running into a technical issue while trying to add a second co-host to your listing. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this error:

1. Verify Co-Host Status: Ensure that the first co-host is correctly listed and has been added properly. Sometimes, the error occurs if the system doesn’t recognize the first co-host’s status correctly.

2. Check Permissions: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to add additional co-hosts. Only the primary host has the authority to add or manage co-hosts, so verify that your account has the correct permissions.

3. Update and Refresh: Sometimes, clearing your browser’s cache or using a different browser can resolve loading issues. Try logging out and logging back in, or access Airbnb from a different device to see if the problem persists.

4. Review Co-Host Details: Confirm that the person you’re trying to add as a co-host is a registered user on Airbnb and that their profile is active. They should also be added as a guest on the listing before you can assign them as a co-host.

5. Check for System Issues: There may be temporary issues with Airbnb’s system. Check Airbnb’s status page or support channels to see if there are any known outages or maintenance that might be affecting co-host management.

6. Contact Airbnb Support: If the issue persists, reaching out to Airbnb support is a good next step. Provide them with the error message and any relevant details about your listing and current co-hosts. They should be able to help troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

I hope these steps help you resolve the error and successfully add your new co-host. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Hi Mandy,

To resolve the issue where you're unable to add a second co-host on Airbnb due to the error message you received, it’s important to first verify that your current co-host setup is functioning correctly. If the permissions or setup of the existing co-host are not fully aligned, this could prevent adding another one.

Start by checking if your existing co-host has full permissions, especially if they manage certain aspects of the listing. If there are limitations or restrictions on their account, adjust these settings, or try temporarily removing the co-host, then adding them back before attempting to add the second co-host.

Sometimes, this error can be a result of cached data or platform discrepancies. Switching between using the Airbnb app and the desktop site can help bypass this error. Additionally, clearing your browser cache might resolve the issue if it's caused by stale data.

If the error persists, it may be due to a technical issue on Airbnb’s side. Contacting Airbnb support, mentioning the specific error message, could provide a quick resolution.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management