Android v7 app

Answered!

Android v7 app

Hello, with the new update the app is not available for android 7, is there a way to use it with android 7?

1 Best Answer

Thanks for the answer @Bhumika, I called airbnb support and they told me that the only way to use airbnb on mobile with android v7 is by using a web browser.

As for the upgrade to android 8, I have mobile that are still usable and they cannot be upgraded to v8, it is sad to force users to buy a new phone in order to have a slightly better experience.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Emanuele288 

You will need to contact Airbnb ask them. This is a community of hosts and  guests so we can't help with technical issues I'm afraid.

Thanks for the answer Helen, I called them

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Emanuele288 ,

I have raised your concern to the technical team in order to get more information about it. I will get back to you in case I have something.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Emanuele288 ,

Can you help me dig into more details by sending a screenshot of the error that is being shown to you? Also, would like to know what version of Airbnb App is currently installed on your mobile phone if possible. 

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Emanuele288 ,

I wanted to come back and let you know that you might need to update your Android version from 7 to 8.1. As of now, there seems to be no workaround for the app to function in Android v7 anymore.

-----

Thanks for the answer @Bhumika, I called airbnb support and they told me that the only way to use airbnb on mobile with android v7 is by using a web browser.

As for the upgrade to android 8, I have mobile that are still usable and they cannot be upgraded to v8, it is sad to force users to buy a new phone in order to have a slightly better experience.