Change Date and send a special offer

Answered!

Change Date and send a special offer

Hi everyone,

One of my potential guests has requested an additional day after I sent them a special offer. I want to add this extra day to their reservation but when I try to change the reservation dates on a new special offer, all I see is the spinner in the browser and I see that there is an error on the page. Am I doing something wrong? How do I contact airbnb to tell them about the error?

Thanks for all your help.

1 Best Answer
Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@Katherine-and-Maciek0   Update.  This morning I was able to change the dates on Special Offer on my mobile phone.  Still not possible on PC or tablet. Give that a try next time.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katherine-and-Maciek0 

"when I try to change the reservation dates on a new special offer":

Somehow confused on what you are stating.

-  If there is no confirmed reservation:  retract the originally special offer and sent a new one, based on the new dates

- If there is a confirmed reservation: change it by extending it 1 night (be sure that night is marked as available on the calender)

You did not mention the error.

Contact Airbnb:

Airbnb Help: contact

or

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

best regards,

Emiel

It won't let me change the dates on a new special offer.  When I click to change the date, a red circle appears and never goes away.  IT won't allow me to put in a different day.

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

Here we are 3 weeks after this post and it still doesnt work.  My potential guest put in a request for 8 days with a question about booking for 38 days with 2 breaks of 4 days in the middle.  Try as i may, if i click to change the dates for the 38 days to give them a special offer there is only the spinner as if the calendar will be coming but it never does.  I rang Airbnb to see if they could setup the special offer for me as typically they would facilitate if there is a bug.  So frustrating, all i could get was what sounded like someone reading from a manual about changing prices.  Also a lot of interest being shown about the bug and how it may be known and it may be scheduled for a fix,  no immediate solution.  i finally got an answer when i said Does Airbnb not want a 38 day booking?  I was told that the guest must send a new query with the correct dates.  How weak is that!   I then got a message from the guest that she had spent 40 minutes trying to upload her id and had given up.  Thanks Airbnb.  All i can hope is that she finds my listing on another site.

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@Katherine-and-Maciek0   Update.  This morning I was able to change the dates on Special Offer on my mobile phone.  Still not possible on PC or tablet. Give that a try next time.

Francesco57
Level 2
Milan, Italy

yes, it's useless to contact again the technical support, I reported this issue a couple of months ago but it still affects the editing of dates in special offers. hope it will be fixed soon, I got already 5/6 times this inconvenience and I also lost some booking...:-/