Changing order of scheduled messages

Answered!
Laurie741
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Changing order of scheduled messages

When I first started with AirBnB, I could arrange the order of my scheduled messages by putting a number at the beginning of the title, i.e., 1 Welcome, 2 Arrival, 3 first morning, etc.

However that seems to have changed.

My first two listings are still numbered - but my new third listing needs ALPHA letters in front of them to put them in order, i.e., A Welcome, B Arrival, C first morning etc.

Finally the scheduled msgs for my third listing is in the right order AFTER my first 2 listings.

Try alphabet or numbers! 

1 Best Answer

When the original numeral system didn't work anymore -- I simply played around and tried the alphabetical system - and it worked! 

Obviously there were other people with this same issue, s this might be something for the AirBnB TECH folks. It should be ONE WAY OR THE OTHER to have a simple way of organizing the scheduled messages BY THE LISTING. A couple of years ago when I started with AirBnB, the numbers worked, but something changed. Can you send it to them to work on? thanks! 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laurie741, Thank you so much for sharing this tip with our Host Community!!

Would you like to share with us how did you come up with this idea? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

When the original numeral system didn't work anymore -- I simply played around and tried the alphabetical system - and it worked! 

Obviously there were other people with this same issue, s this might be something for the AirBnB TECH folks. It should be ONE WAY OR THE OTHER to have a simple way of organizing the scheduled messages BY THE LISTING. A couple of years ago when I started with AirBnB, the numbers worked, but something changed. Can you send it to them to work on? thanks! 

I've tried both two digit numerical (01, 02, 03, etc..) and upper case alphabetical (A, B, C, etc...) but AirBnB scheduled messages just seem to send messages in a random order for any given time slot. 

For example, if I have three messages that I want sent at 11am on a particular number of days before check in I would number those messages in the sequence I would like for them to be sent; for example, 01: First message, 02: Second message, 03: Third message. But AirBnB does not seem to use that numerical sequencing to send the messages. AirBnB might send the third message first, for example. 

A fairly easy work around would be to put all content in one message and send everything at once but I find its easier for guests to sort through the messages and find what they are looking for when each individual message is more focused on one subject, like check in/out rules vs pool rules. 

Is there a way to control the sequence that messages are sent within a given scheduled time slot?