Check-out experience

Check-out experience

Hi, I would like to ask about your experience with check-out, are you asking your guests about their check-out time? do you ask them to text you once they are out? How many guests are letting you know they are about to check out in real-time?  What do you do when you have back-to-back bookings and your guests are not telling you anything about their check-out plans and you have 3,4 hours to prepare for the next guests?

4 Replies 4
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

This is a great question @Bojan116!

I wonder perhaps if @Helen3 , @Dave1388 , or @Ann72 might have some wisdom to offer on the subject 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I ask guests on booking for their check in time . It's part of my IB questions . If they don't confirm a time I can ask Airbnb to cancel the booking.  @Bojan116 

I've never asked for them to let me know what time they've actually checked out . 

my cleaners go in after the latest check out time and I make sure there is enough time for a thorough clean before the next set of guests check in.

is 3-4 hours not enough time for you to do a turnover ? 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Bojan116  My guests are given arrival and checkout times when I send my Welcome message.   I do not ask the guests to tell me when they have left, but about 30% will message that they are on their way home and thank me for their stay.

Housekeeping is scheduled to arrive 15-30 minutes after the advertised check-out time.  If my housekeeper arrives and the guests are still there, she will call me.  I will then call the guest.  This happens maybe once or twice a year.  

Due to the increasing number of AirBnB guests that arrive early without warning (or asking) and wanting adequate time to clean the property thoroughly and resolve any damages or issues, I block a night between guests and no longer do back-to-back.    

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bojan116 we ask our guests to give us a rough arrival time. Most will also tell us when they check out. If they don't we just check the key location to see if they have gone