Critique my listing - David in Petaluma, CA

Answered!
David11304
Level 2
Petaluma, CA

Critique my listing - David in Petaluma, CA

Hi all - 

Our listing is finally active and I'm hoping to get any and all feedback to help make it successful as possible.  

https://airbnb.com/h/petalumahouse

thank you very much 🙂

20231208_094023.jpg

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@David11304@Paula,

Welcome to the community boards! You have a sweet space!  Here’s a few suggestions:

1) You may want to mention how many stairs are involved to the front entry way. For some people it makes a difference. Be also seen some hosts say you will need to walk 8 stairs to get to the entry of your suite. During the fall or winter there may be some leaves or it may be slippery during so please be careful (or something like that). 

2) You may want to mention where the parking is: street, on the driveway or garage parking as well as for how many cars. 

3) The living room with plants and natural light is inviting and the colors are bright and cheery. Perhaps a decorative pillow on the bed may make it look a bit more cushy or have a blanket with more body. Think of what makes you want to relax into a bed or just hang out.., the master bed has that sense but the two twins have a quite flat pillow and bedding. 

4) I agree with John, a list of rules is helpful. Do you allow pets? Shoes in the house? Quiet time is from 10-7? Anything about the house that needs extra care or just a nice to know? Do you provide starter everything then guests have to purchase their own (this is the case for large listings - I personally provide all even if the guest stays longer than a month). Do you provide detergent and dryer sheets? Filtered water? An air filter?   Check out some similar listings to yours found under the calendar section at the bottom (you need to select a few dates on your calendar) and there will be a space for similar listings such as yours. See how they write up their space, their amenities, their reviews (the good and the bad). You can check out my listing for an idea, I actually list items and where to find it so guests will have no issue finding items they may need. It’s long but I err on here’s a list to find or use their heat/ac/fan, please leave the fan on while cooking and when showering, etc.

5) Please give a list of mileage and time it takes to walk to common places or drive to common areas of interest. I know it’s easy to look up but the easier you make it, you will have less people make assumptions about your listing then dock you because they “thought” you were not as close as you said you were (hence the actual distance and time to drive/walk/bike). You can see my listing as well for how I mitigated this issue. Add bus lines near your space, etc.

Hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David11304, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! I wish you all the best with your new listing 😊

I'm reaching out to some of our amazing Hosts to ask for their feedback on your listing: @Hazel184@Patricia3721@Lorina14@Patricia2526@Jacob805 and @John7474.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@David11304 @Paula 

Hello David - 

What a beautiful place you have!  

I looked at your listing.  It looks wonderful!  

The only suggestion I have is to maybe list your house rules in your description and maybe provide a list of distances:  From SFO, from the city of San Francisco, local stores and other points of interest.    

I am sure you will have continued success with your listing!

Best, 

John

Hi @John7474  thanks for your feedback! 

I don't really have any special house rules, and we don't have a hot tub or pool or anything that requires extra care. Is there a generic set of rules that might be a good starting point? 

thanks, David

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@David11304@Paula,

Welcome to the community boards! You have a sweet space!  Here’s a few suggestions:

1) You may want to mention how many stairs are involved to the front entry way. For some people it makes a difference. Be also seen some hosts say you will need to walk 8 stairs to get to the entry of your suite. During the fall or winter there may be some leaves or it may be slippery during so please be careful (or something like that). 

2) You may want to mention where the parking is: street, on the driveway or garage parking as well as for how many cars. 

3) The living room with plants and natural light is inviting and the colors are bright and cheery. Perhaps a decorative pillow on the bed may make it look a bit more cushy or have a blanket with more body. Think of what makes you want to relax into a bed or just hang out.., the master bed has that sense but the two twins have a quite flat pillow and bedding. 

4) I agree with John, a list of rules is helpful. Do you allow pets? Shoes in the house? Quiet time is from 10-7? Anything about the house that needs extra care or just a nice to know? Do you provide starter everything then guests have to purchase their own (this is the case for large listings - I personally provide all even if the guest stays longer than a month). Do you provide detergent and dryer sheets? Filtered water? An air filter?   Check out some similar listings to yours found under the calendar section at the bottom (you need to select a few dates on your calendar) and there will be a space for similar listings such as yours. See how they write up their space, their amenities, their reviews (the good and the bad). You can check out my listing for an idea, I actually list items and where to find it so guests will have no issue finding items they may need. It’s long but I err on here’s a list to find or use their heat/ac/fan, please leave the fan on while cooking and when showering, etc.

5) Please give a list of mileage and time it takes to walk to common places or drive to common areas of interest. I know it’s easy to look up but the easier you make it, you will have less people make assumptions about your listing then dock you because they “thought” you were not as close as you said you were (hence the actual distance and time to drive/walk/bike). You can see my listing as well for how I mitigated this issue. Add bus lines near your space, etc.

Hope this helps!