Days in advance notice - what is best?

Answered!
Tsering6
Level 2
New York, NY

Days in advance notice - what is best?

Hi community,

What are the pros and cons for same day notice versus a 3 day notice when a guest books?? What do you prefer as a host - or have noticed work best? How often do you get same day request? 

Thanks in advance,

Tsering

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Tsering6  If you are available to clean your property from top to bottom as soon as a guest checks out, you can have same-day bookings.

However, if you need time to schedule a housekeeper, or if you may not be available to clean immediately when a guest has departed, you will want to have several days notice so that you do not have a guest arrive to a dirty property.

I have to schedule a housekeeper, so I have 7 days notice for my property.  I want to attract people who PLAN their vacation, not people who just happen to be driving by.  I also want to have the time to fix something that has been damaged or do deep (extra) cleaning.  Some guests are very tidy, others are swine.

My property is a stand-alone, not my shared home.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Tsering6  If you are available to clean your property from top to bottom as soon as a guest checks out, you can have same-day bookings.

However, if you need time to schedule a housekeeper, or if you may not be available to clean immediately when a guest has departed, you will want to have several days notice so that you do not have a guest arrive to a dirty property.

I have to schedule a housekeeper, so I have 7 days notice for my property.  I want to attract people who PLAN their vacation, not people who just happen to be driving by.  I also want to have the time to fix something that has been damaged or do deep (extra) cleaning.  Some guests are very tidy, others are swine.

My property is a stand-alone, not my shared home.

Thank you!