Default Language of a Listing cannot be changed

Gordon308
Level 2
Basel, Switzerland

Default Language of a Listing cannot be changed

Here is my problem.

My listing is on default language German.

I want it on English.

The translation on AirBnB from German to English is not good quality.

If I add English as an extra, I have to maintain 2 languages.

Is there any plan to allow the switching of a listings default language?

I know I can set the default language if I make a new listing. But then I lose all the reviews and ratings built up over some years in the original listing.

Surely this is a simple programming update?

18 Replies 18

Hi @Gordon308 

You may be right about the software being different depending on country. In U.S. this is the new Winter 2023 software you are seeing with the Listing Editor & Arrival Guide. I'm hearing though that not all Hosts are seeing the new software yet?

Sorry going to the Global Preferences on your Account didn't resolve the issue. It's strange that it worked for @Etain0 but not you? That has me puzzled? 🤷🤔

 It's a setting I don't get to on the app just over the website. I tried removing the English to see if I could then switch the German default to English somehow. No joy. Maybe it's because my listing is nearly 10 years old.

Inserat „Dachgeschosswohnung in Messezentrumnähe“ bearbeiten – Airbnb.jpeg

Have you solve the problem? 

I have 2 listing and somehow new listing got Japanese as default and I want to change it to English as another listing.

I have talked to Airbnb but do not get right answer , or just made me do much work to mess up my listings. 

I do not ming work on from PC . 

If you got change your default language of your listing, I would love to know how you did it. 

Hi @Gordon308 

Below is a link to a thread where another Host with the same issue was informed by Airbnb the default language is determined by your location browser when creating the listing and cannot be changed:

How to Change Default Language of Listing

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/How-to-change-a-default-language-in-the-l...

@Chihoko0 , @Etain0