Does anyone advertise the temperature they keep at their Airbnb?

Answered!
Alan1009
Level 3
Hamilton, OH

Does anyone advertise the temperature they keep at their Airbnb?

I'm a residential renter and want to know,  does any one ever put something on their listing like "house temp is 73-78 in summer with A/C on and 70-72 in the winter time" as to let people with extreme needs what to expect?

I don't get obese people very often but when I do they like it really cool when its warm in the summer...as in freezing for me.

You can't please everyone but what are some good strategies for this?

1 Best Answer

@Alan1009 The listing is shown below. In the house rules we then have the text below which we also repeat in a printed handbook for the property.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/hosting/listings/editor/34441850/view-your-space

Please respect our other guests in adjoining apartments as noise travels in old buildings Please remove shoes before walking on the carpets

To comply with fire regulations no smoking, naked flames, candles, or deep fat frying are allowed

To conserve fuel the heating will be set between 21 and 22 degrees Centigrade and will be timed to go off during the night and part of the day. It is controlled centrally but please ask for adjustments if necessary.

Electric cars may be charged, at owners risk and when it is not raining, from a 13 amp socket provided guest pays for electricity used. No charging apparatus is supplied.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alan1009 Yes - We do! Have a look at any of our listings to see what we say about the heating temperatures/times. We are flexible though as some folks do need it warmer.

@Mike-And-Jane0 i couldn't find it or maybe you could provide that in detail. 

@Alan1009 The listing is shown below. In the house rules we then have the text below which we also repeat in a printed handbook for the property.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/hosting/listings/editor/34441850/view-your-space

Please respect our other guests in adjoining apartments as noise travels in old buildings Please remove shoes before walking on the carpets

To comply with fire regulations no smoking, naked flames, candles, or deep fat frying are allowed

To conserve fuel the heating will be set between 21 and 22 degrees Centigrade and will be timed to go off during the night and part of the day. It is controlled centrally but please ask for adjustments if necessary.

Electric cars may be charged, at owners risk and when it is not raining, from a 13 amp socket provided guest pays for electricity used. No charging apparatus is supplied.

thanks that is helpful.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Alan1009,

Yes, we do mention temperature settings.  Our Atlanta listings state, "The smart thermostat is preset to heat no higher than 78F or cool to no lower than 74F. During colder months, the heater is set to 62F during overnight hours. The thermostat may be locked if guests repeatedly change the settings without prior consultation with the host.".  We also state that charging electric vehicles is prohibited.  The St. Lucia listings don't need or use heaters, and they say, "The air conditioner does not go below 25C/77F.".