Guidebook problems

Answered!
Holly67
Level 1
Washington, DC

Guidebook problems

I'm trying to add sights/shops/etc. to my guidebook, and everytime I do I get a message that reads:  "! Unfortunately, this is no longer available."

Why does this happen?  Is the function of adding that particular location no longer available?  Or is that adding anything else to the guidebook is no longer available.

I have already added a few spots of interest, but there are many more that I would like to add to help my guests get connected to the local scene and services.

Thanks for help!

Holly

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Holly67@Jillie1@Randy-and-Aaron0@Alyce2@Susan-And-Abe0@Wendy-and-Frank0@John-and-Erin0@Marie399@James347@Faye18@Tony-and-Liza0@Josh63

Thanks for sharing about this here in the Community Center. The team have been working on some updates to the Guidebook and so over the weekend there was a slight disruption due to this. I am pleased to say this has been resolved and so you will now be able to add your local recommendations to your guidebooks.

Sorry for any frustration this may have caused and do let me know if you continue to experience any issues with this.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

(Thanks @Keith1 for your sharing this here too) 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41
Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Yes, I've just wanted to update some restaurants and I'm getting the same thing.  I hope it's just temporary?

Same problem but I also have a guest that stated she is having issues viewing my guidebook? Any suggestions?

Has your guest's booking been confirmed?   I'm not sure the guide book will show for them until it has.

Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

I'm told this bug has been fixed.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Holly67@Jillie1@Randy-and-Aaron0@Alyce2@Susan-And-Abe0@Wendy-and-Frank0@John-and-Erin0@Marie399@James347@Faye18@Tony-and-Liza0@Josh63

Thanks for sharing about this here in the Community Center. The team have been working on some updates to the Guidebook and so over the weekend there was a slight disruption due to this. I am pleased to say this has been resolved and so you will now be able to add your local recommendations to your guidebooks.

Sorry for any frustration this may have caused and do let me know if you continue to experience any issues with this.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

(Thanks @Keith1 for your sharing this here too) 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie @Holly67 @Randy-and-Aaron0 @Jillie1 @Keith1,

I've been able to add new businesses (thank you!) but giving you a heads up.

When you add the new business, you will get a message that reads that you can't add it because it already exists.  But you won't see it anywhere!

Log out of ABB and go look for your listing.  Go down to the map where your location is and look for all the little flags.

Click on the different flags and you will see all your old AND new business entries.

I still wish I could see it in Edit mode as sometimes I need to correct something and won't be able to delete a business that is either gone or has gone downhill, but for now, guests can see what you've written.

So knowing that editing the existing may be difficult, check your spelling 20 times before "posting".

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Wendy-and-Frank0, this is really useful to know and I am sure it will avoid a headache for other hosts wondering what is going on. 

I will also feed this back to the team working on this on my side, so they know. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie@I don't know how or where to make a guidebook please advise 

@Sara2, go to "manage my listings" and get to your calendar.  Click on the weird little lines to the left of your listing photo.  That's a pull-down menu.

Scroll way, way down to "Guest Resources".  Your guidebook is right below that heading.

Thank you everyone!

Hello @Lizzie,

I just read your response, however I have a simlar problem:

my guidebook, which I was perfectly able to access and edit so far, has disappeared a few days ago. It is no more in the drop down menu, in fact the menu itself is there no longer; the look of the editing page has change but, despite having looked in all corners, it is just not there. Do you have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes, Evva

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Evva-and-Peppe0,

Thanks for this. I believe this is seperate to the issue experienced and resolved here, as this was quite a while ago now. 

This being said, a small number of other hosts are reporting something similar to you, so I am reporting this back to the team, if I receive any information I will be sure to let you know. 🙂

Please do keep me updated in case anything changes on your end.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

thanks, @Lizzie, much appreciated! So far no changes, but I will let you know if it resolves itself, otherwise will wait to hear from you. 

Many thanks again!

Best wishes, Evva

I've created a guidebook OK, and it's viewable under our listing via the iPhone app - however it isn't visible anywhere on our listing on the desktop version of the website.  When I created the guidebook and clicked "where will this appear" it says it will be visible on both the listing AND to booked guests - but it isn't visible on the listing at all.

Hi I just created a new listing this week and was able to add a few places to my 'guidebook'- in the last few days I have wanted to add more recommendations  but everytime I click 'edit guidebook' the pop-up contains the header of the airbnb hosting page but none of the guidebook information...its blank. I am using Google Chrome as a browser and I have also messaged Airbnb Support. I thought I'd try here too. Thanks in advance...