Guidebook problems

Answered!
Holly67
Level 1
Washington, DC

Guidebook problems

I'm trying to add sights/shops/etc. to my guidebook, and everytime I do I get a message that reads:  "! Unfortunately, this is no longer available."

Why does this happen?  Is the function of adding that particular location no longer available?  Or is that adding anything else to the guidebook is no longer available.

I have already added a few spots of interest, but there are many more that I would like to add to help my guests get connected to the local scene and services.

Thanks for help!

Holly

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Holly67@Jillie1@Randy-and-Aaron0@Alyce2@Susan-And-Abe0@Wendy-and-Frank0@John-and-Erin0@Marie399@James347@Faye18@Tony-and-Liza0@Josh63

Thanks for sharing about this here in the Community Center. The team have been working on some updates to the Guidebook and so over the weekend there was a slight disruption due to this. I am pleased to say this has been resolved and so you will now be able to add your local recommendations to your guidebooks.

Sorry for any frustration this may have caused and do let me know if you continue to experience any issues with this.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

(Thanks @Keith1 for your sharing this here too) 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41

I have the exact same issue.  I have tried in firefox and safari.  both end up with header and blank page.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Terri23
Level 2
Spring, TX

I really don't want to waste my time, one more time completeing the guidebook, if it still is not functional.  Does anyone know if this works yet? 

It's working now, Terri:)

Mine still isn't showing up under the location section on my listing 😞 I have so many guests ask the same questions about what's in the area, and it would just be so much easier to point them to my populated guidebook.

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

I've just noticed that none of my guidebook suggestions have been flagged up on my map either?  I have been able to edit my guidebook now but I thought that these would be shown on the map to illustrate how near everything is?

Jillie

Jessica151
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Still having issues with the guidebook. I start to add one place of interest but the screen won't move down. No matter what I try. Come on Air BnB, sort it out please.

Rachel238
Level 3
New York, NY

Yes, 6 months later, and the issue continues. I want to add other fun restaurants, bars and things to see to my NYC guidebook, but can't -- there's no scrolling option.  I guess I can always recreate the guidebook elsewhere and include a link, but really would like to avoid that recreation part.  Any workarounds you've found?

I finally just gave up. Air B&B encourages you to use the site for everything however it's still non-functional. So I've made my own and I send it via email.

Martin333
Level 4
Proendos, Spain

Hi

just raised it with support. Got an answer / contact within 20h thereafter ping pong within minutes but the conversation uses the mobile app not the PC version..... mhhhhhh

Found a potential solution by resizing the browser window. On small size I get add button and side rulers just not on full size. It maybe a workaround till the coding is fixed.

I send screen shots to support - we will see

Several months later and this is still an issue. However, your solution works for me so thank you! 🙂

Nancy750
Level 1
Organ, NM

I just tried to use the quidebook for the first time and cant get the page to scroll.  The scrolling bar seems to be missing.  I hope it is just a temporary glich because the Guidebook looks like a great asset.

Eugen10
Level 3
Bucharest, Romania

I use HouseGuide as a digital guidebook and send it to guests on their phone: https://www.houseguideapp.com