Hey Everyone! Looking forward to connecting with fellow Hosts!

Hey Everyone! Looking forward to connecting with fellow Hosts!

Hi everyone, My name is Sarah. I just listed my first property on Airbnb and I look forward to great success as many of you have had! I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on my listing. I would like to connect with many of you, feel free to send me a message or add me to any threads on community! Thank you all! 

Home in Sebastian · ★New · 3 bedrooms · 3 beds · 2 baths

[Listing link added by OCM]

6 Replies 6
John8126
Level 1
Memphis, TN

Congratulations @Sarah6108 !

We like to make sure the place smells fresh. Then, coffee/creamer choices are requested. We have toiletries available, and quality ones at that. There is a full compliment of condiments, pots and pans, glasses and mugs --everything they could possibly need to cook a formal dinner if they wanted to. 

In short, we make it as we would want someone to make it for us: comfortable with a formal edge. 

We wish you the very best of success. You will do wonderfully! 

John

Julia4808
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hi @Sarah6108 , your home is so tranquil and beautiful! It looks amazing. The only thing I would suggest is that you add some color because those lovely calming nuetrals tend to  make the photos less interesting, and we all shop with our eyes first. I have extensive experience in marketing, staging, and real estate in general and I find that a few bright pillows, and some colorful, interesting (and large) pieces of art on the walls can be very eye-catching. If you want to continue the calm vibe, you can use colors like greens and blues. Anyway, I'm sure you'll do well, it's a great place.

John8151
Level 1
Oswego, IL

Hi @Sarah6108 , 

The listing looks very nice. Can you add a few more outdoor pictures? Also, being a super host has it's perks, so I would aim for gaining that benefit by responding quickly and by continuing to get positive reviews. 

Julia4781
Level 1
Columbia, MO

@Sarah6108 Welcome!
hero pic- the first one - should sell me on the property and stand out above the competition… based on this pic I would keep scrolling. 

Karen4225
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on this listing. It is very large and spacious. What strikes me is that the different elements need to come together more and incorporate focal points, works of art, etc. to attract interest. 

Freelancer.com and Fiverr.com have professional designers from $15 per hour. I also endorse the recommendations to have high quality toiletries, candles, lots of white towels, robes and house slippers, coffee, tea, sugar, bottled water and bottles of red and white wines as well as small treats. Condiments is also a great idea and add some cookbooks on local cuisine in the kitchen. Magazines or books focused on local attractions should be scattered around seating areas and bedrooms.

Good Luck

Karen

Joshua1127
Level 2
Delta, CO

I'm going to go out on a limb and go against the grain. It appears that you have all of the things that are mentioned as far as amenities are concerned. I see plenty of doodads and coffee makers. I personally like units with less clutter, but plenty of amenities. And as stated in your description it sounds like your kitchen is fully equipped, and there are plenty of fancy soaps in the bathroom. I also like the subdued colors. For me when I'm on the beach I envision a breeze and flowing White Chiffon. All in all I would consider it. So now to the advice part. I would make sure that you have some kind of discount for the first few guests to get the ball rolling to get some of them Stars. Also I have found that if you have good value for the area when you are new that helps. Be careful not to start out charging too much. But I can tell you the number one reason I am turned off by your listing. It's the waiver. If I am going on vacation, that is definitely something that I would not be interested in doing on top of the reservation and all of the things I already have to agree to on the Airbnb platform. You need to trust the system. At least that's my opinion. I feel like the platform has plenty of safeguards in place for damages or improper use of your property. I also found that by simply just eliminating things that not every guest will use but tends to be a thorn in my side, like the barbecue grill. I know that sounds harsh, but on one of my listings out of 32 guests I had five stars across the board. Until I didn't. And both of them were because of the grill. We work so hard on our unit to make sure that it is clean first and foremost, and has every amenity possible, only to get a four-star review because the outside barbecue grill was a little too dirty for them. You can't win them all. But in other words just eliminate the no-touchums. Also, and this may just be me, but I also don't like any negatives inside such a great write-up about your place. My garages are not part of the amenities, therefore they are not listed as amenities. And in all of my reservations, I have only had one guest ask if the garage would be available to park motorcycles in. I would rather respond to a guest occasionally then to have it in my write-up. Or at least soften it by just saying something simple like "there is no garage access." AI can be your friend here to say it nicely.  Again this is all just my opinion take what you like, leave the rest. And good luck!