Hosting

Jared412
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hosting

Hi I would potentially like to rent out my property using Airbnb. I want to know what other homeowners think of Airbnb as a service. As opposed to using private agencies. 

4 Replies 4
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jared412 😊

Welcome to the community, and thank you for bringing up this topic here!

I’d like to mention our experienced Hosts, who will be able to share the benefits of using Airbnb with you: @Guy991@Robin4@Andrea6232@Dr-Jayanthi1@Marie8425 and @Zheng49.

Thank you in advance everyone! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Jared412 

I was with Airbnb in Hawaii and that past few years in Arizona.  I used multiple platforms in Hawaii you don't have a lot of scammers too expensive to get there haha.  My first year in Arizona because I cater to my market of longer work stays.  I got a quick awaking to scam guests lol.  For me I decided not to continue private STR but only use Airbnb.  Not all my private were bad and I did require a security deposit I just felt more work sometimes.  Doing things like using the mailbox or laundry every day.  I don't use a property manager because I like to set the rules and make the decisions,  Airbnb like any platform has scammers.  I do think in most cases I am able to identify before they stay with me.  Not perfect yet but I do believe when used properly for me Airbnb has been the best option and does keep my rooms full

@Marie8425 - I am in line with you and accept the details provided on Airbnb and hosting 👍

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Jared412 , I started renting my house in Venice  about two years ago and until now I have used only Airbnb, which proves to be effective especially if you know how to use it best 😉

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino