How to list two separate houses, than can also be booked together?

How to list two separate houses, than can also be booked together?

Hi, I am in the process of listing my two houses on a countryside farm. I will be renting out A) the main building, sleeping 8 people and B) the cottage next to it, sleeping 6 people. Each of the two buildings have their own kitchen, dining area, bathroom, terrace etc. So it is really two separate accommodations. (Even though they both share the small private beach at the nearby lake.)

However, as the two houses are just next to each other, they together are perfect for a group of 10-14 people also. The dining room in the main house is big enough for the full group. And as the location is very secluded, renting both houses could be ideal for some guests who prefer total privacy. (And they get the private beach completely to themselves.)

How do I achieve this? If I just list the houses separately, my listing will not show up for someone searching for 10-14 beds.

I know that booking.com has this feature, where one can combine several accommodation units (like multiple apartments in an apartment hotel) and thereby show up in searches that exceed the number of guests of the largest unit. But listing in Airbnb would in many other aspects suit me better than booking.com. Is there any way I can achieve this on Airbnb?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You set up three listings  @Walden1 

a. Main building

b.cottage

c. Both 

don't forget to link the calendars to avoid double bookings 

by the way the Airbnb Help website is a great resource for these sort of questions 

Thank you @Helen3, that sounds great!

I did try the help website before posting here. I did not find any info related to my question.

Now, with the help of your response, I searched for 'calendar linking'. And yes, in that article a similar scenario is described.
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864

I had my own thoughts along the same lines. I did not think, however, that it was allowed to "list the same thing twice". But judging from this help text, and your response, I suppose it is. Great, that solves my issue. Thanks a lot!

@Walden1 

As always it is the finer points.  You may be showing the same house more than once but you are offering 3 different products.  If you list just main house various times that is duplication which is not allowed.