Is this a legit air bnb?

Denise1930
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Is this a legit air bnb?

Is this a legit air bnb? Just want to make sure as there are no reviews.

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

2 Replies 2
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Denise1930 

From what I can see, it seems like the place has just been listed. You might want to check the host's profile: Host profile - Airbnb

He has a few good reviews as a guest, and his identity is verified.

When I was a new host, my first guest also asked if my place was new on Airbnb, and I confirmed it was. She had similar concerns to yours. I completely understand why you might feel unsure, and while I can't guarantee the legitimacy of the listing, every new host has to start somewhere. If I were in your position, I would reach out and have a conversation with him, just as my first guest did with me.

Best regards,
Karen

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Denise1930, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad