Listing Feedback

Gabriel5580
Level 1
Chiavari, Italy

Listing Feedback

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 12.12.12 PM.png

Hi everyone! I am new to the community and I would really appreciate some feedback on my listing: 

I started hosting a few weeks ago and got a few bookings pretty quickly. I was hoping that once I received a few positive reviews I would start to get even more bookings. I suddenly stopped receiving inquiries about two weeks ago despite 5 star reviews from my first two groups of guests. I imagine that part of it has to do with the fact that tourism in Liguria is seasonal and the busiest time of the year is during the summer. Any thoughts on how I can make my listing more attractive would be greatly appreciated!

[Content modified by OCM]

15 Replies 15
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Gabriel5580 , 

beautiful apartment! I took a quick look at your ad and I would like to give you a few tips:

a) maybe the price is a bit high ... but that's my personal opinion

b) if you lower the minimum number of nights your apartment is more likely to be rented

c) add captions to the photos and maybe even a map of the apartment so it's easier to understand how it is laid out

good luck!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Hi @Gabriel5580 ! 

Your listing is pretty nice! 
From my experience, changing your cancellation policy to “Flexible” as well as lowering the minimum nights helps a lot. The other thing I have done is changing how the guest service fee is charged. Instead of charging the guest you would pay for it as a host. You would have to raise your price a bit in order to cover for this but it will definitely make your listing more attractive as it makes a difference when guests look at the “Total Price” for your listing. If you do so make sure to make note of it in your listing’s page. 
Best of luck!

Claudia.

Hi @Gabriel5580 !  I think your listing is too  sophisticated to be called “the club”. You really have a beautiful place that looks like an art museum. The name is suggesting something else and with a name like “the club” I would be expecting less romance and more party. You have a great place but I think you might be confusing people with your title. IMO 

Chethan2
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

It will be hard to get large groups. One tactic you can use is to price for four guests and add a per person fee for guests over 4. By doing that, you can get small groups for whom the price may be too high. 

Chhoury0
Level 2
San Pablo, CA

August was almost fully booked for my airbnb unit. September is still wide open. Might be just the season. When I checked your price, it's quite high! Not sure how it is compared to other listing. I recommend compare and lower the price relative to the other listing, especially when you are still new. Your listing looks great! I think pricing is a big part of the reason, especially during slow months. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Deborah201 @Daniela912 @Glenn392 @Darren469 @Crystal544 @Courtney172 @Deanna291 and @Chhoury0.These are all amazing contributions. Thank you so much for taking the time to help @Gabriel5580.

I am tagging @Gabriel5580 here so he receives a notification of your message.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Deanna291
Level 1
Upper Hutt, New Zealand

Good morning Gabriel 

I run an air BnB here in New Zealand, to be honest it will have nothing to do with your listing as such as I have 20 reviews of 5️ and my air BnB is very quite it was pumping for a year and as at the start of may this year I’ve had very few  almost no bookings so I think it’s just the sign of the times at the moment with people watching there money until the economy starts to pick up and the mortgage rates drop I’m not to sure we’ll see to much increase in bookings until this was to happen. Your listing looks perfect dont under value yourself just for bookings as it most definitely will pick up just a hang in there and try not to worry yourself soon enough you’ll be run of your feet and wounded why you were so worried:) it’s happening all over the world we just need to ride it out 🙂 positive vibes coming your way here’s to a booking before the end of the week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🙌🏻

Courtney172
Level 5
Des Moines, IA

I love the apartment!

I host in Florida,  so a very different market.  But here are the things I do consistently (I have 13 listings).

1) Professional property photos with lots of light

2) The bathrooms are very nice - and the bedrooms look stark in comparison.  Add art to each room,  even if just one nicely-sized print

3) Offer early bird and last-minute discounts - people love them (set in the rules)

4) I agree that captions are good for photos 

5) REPLY TO YOUR REVIEWS.  Make it personal and warm! I respond to every single review and guests tell me they think it's very nice to see interaction after the stay is done

Great place!

Hi,

Your listing is magnificent!  The gorgeous ceilings and lovely balconies are breathtaking.  I would suggest adding even more warmth to your furniture with decor and more pops of color on the beds and sofas like you have on the sofa with the yellow pillows.  

I have had less rentals myself this year compared to last year and would suggest lowering your nightly price slightly until you start attracting more guests. 

Warm regards, 

Crystal

Darren469
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

The place itself looks good but the feedback from others is already enough. I think the photos are too distorted, most likely from a phone taking it. I would get better photos as the photos are making the place less attractive.

Glenn392
Level 2
Worcester, MA

Your place is stunningly beautiful!

Suggestions

1) Caption the pictures.  Are the views from your balcony?  Say so.  If not, say so.

2) In the Where You'll be section, tell me more.  Much more. Is a short walk to the beach just 500'? Am I close to restaurants?  Steps away?  Which ones? Are there only a very few?  In your guidebook you just list a place.  You don't say whether it's 500' away, a three minute walk, or a mile down the road.  I'd love a personal insight from you, like you must try the gnocchi here. Do you live in the area?  Do you love it?  It doesn't show -- I could have put together your guidebook. Where is the 'you' in your description of the area and its appeal, places to go?

3) Why would I come off season, when I assume the water is cold, so the beach is not a draw?  Are there appealing hiking trails? Is this the time to take in the town because it's filled with Italians, not tourists?  Where would I go?  Where would I eat?  How far from 'the club' and give me a sense of why I'd want to go there if I love seafood, or am a vegetarian or only eat gluten free. Is this location a convenient 'base' to explore . . .  to where? Suggest that in your description and fill it out in the guidebook.  You might want to create social media posts or piggyback on any existing local efforts for people to visit Liguria in what is considered off season.

4) I'd like to know more about how the kitchen is provisioned, if it's consistent with its upscale look. Cutting knives and boards?  Any spices beyond salt and pepper? Espresso machine?

5) You have a spectacular listing, a large space for a big family or other gathering, which limits your market.  Your description should highlight the unique appeal of your listing, both its size and appointments for family and other gatherings and the spectacular venue of Chiavari, not just in summer but . . .  [you need to fill this in for the other seasons and with specifics].   You need some strategy for the off season, either to highlight (in the listing AND off platform) the appeal of visiting then or some other strategy like a monthly rental market then.

Best of luck!

Daniela912
Level 2
Mission Viejo, CA

Hi Gabriel, 

your listing is very nice and it looks professionally done. Here's' few comments 

a) Liguria is a VERY seasonal market and as you are just at the beginning, even if you had good reviews it might be not enough for you to compete with more established properties during low season. Be patients, you will probably see an increase little by little. In addition, September is the lower of the lower, as it is when school start so, when families stop travelling to concentrate on beginning of the year and professional start getting busy with end of the year deadlines. 

b) during low season you might want to lower the minimum number of nights and maybe changing to flexible cancellation 

c) lowering your prices a bit could also be a good idea

I hope this helps

Daniela

Deborah201
Level 2
Bethany, Canada

Your listing is stunning and I don’t think the price is high but I do think you would get more bookings if you price it so that smaller groups can afford to stay and then add a per person fee.  I had to do that. 

New listings get a bump in the Airbnb search algorithm. I check mine periodically to make sure I’m still coming up where I should. I found a problem a year ago that came from the Categories filter. I had that removed and bounced back to where I was before in search results.  

i would not use the flexible cancellation but I would consider two night stays. I think that does make a difference. 

Professional photos are important. 

Some host bookings have suffered recently and others haven’t. I do think people are being more careful with money. Last minute discounts could help. 

Have you compared your listing to others in your area? Pick up a few ideas possibly. 

When I first started I did use lower prices to get a feel for what works. I calculated what they would spend at a nice hotel and then added some for all the benefits of having your own suite. 

good luck. Great idea to get feedback. 

Deb4158
Level 2
Richfield, MN

Greetings Gabriel! Welcome to Airbnb!

For starters, I recommend using a professional photographer! The photos definitely need to be brighter! 

I also suggest using white bedding, guests (and you) can immediately see if there are any stains (including bed bugs).

Next, is your place family friendly? Do you have things for little ones?

I provide a crib, high chair, pac n play, games (including adult games) and toys.

As for the pricing, I charge an extra guest fee for more than two people instead of a cleaning fee. It also helps me keep my nightly fee lower.

In addition, I have fresh flowers and fruit as well as popcorn and other snacks, depending on whether you want to attract families. 

I do think that a different name might work better for you as well.

Finally, I recommend outside cameras so you can see who's coming and going and when!

Please feel free to take a look at my listing! It's called "Richfield Haven" in Richfield MN!