Listing Feedback

Gabriel5580
Level 1
Chiavari, Italy

Listing Feedback

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 12.12.12 PM.png

Hi everyone! I am new to the community and I would really appreciate some feedback on my listing: 

I started hosting a few weeks ago and got a few bookings pretty quickly. I was hoping that once I received a few positive reviews I would start to get even more bookings. I suddenly stopped receiving inquiries about two weeks ago despite 5 star reviews from my first two groups of guests. I imagine that part of it has to do with the fact that tourism in Liguria is seasonal and the busiest time of the year is during the summer. Any thoughts on how I can make my listing more attractive would be greatly appreciated!

[Content modified by OCM]

19 Replies 19
Cristina3382
Level 2
Tromsø, Norway

Beautiful place. 

As others have mentioned: lower the minimum number of nights. What you can do is increase the price per night and then give a discount starting at night 3. That way a 2 night stay is 85-90% the price of a 3 night stay. Since many hosts prefer 3 night minimums, you will get 2 night stays that pay nearly as much as 3 nights. works great for us.

Get a professional photographer. Stage the place and light it up dramatically for the pictures. The balcony picture needs to be one of the first 5 pictures. Pictures are critical. The cost of a professional photographer is worth it without a doubt. Look at your landing page, see how the 5 pictures are all similar and you see a lot of shadow/dark spots in the room. You need super bright images that highlight the space, ceiling heights and ornate ceilings, and you need to showcase the outside/balcony in the first 5 pictures. Stage with some wine/cheese, etc. You are selling a 'lifestyle and experiential stay, not an empty house'. The guest needs to imagine themselves in the pictures.

At the end of the day, your success boils down to showing up on the first page of a search. Showing up on the first page of a search is a function of reviews, the number of clicks on your listing, number of times your listing was wish listed, and even things like the resolution of your images. How your listing shows is critical to your success.

Best,

Cristina

Derby5
Level 2
Union City, NJ

Hi Gabe... 

At first glance, you need a professional photographer to take better pictures; it's all too dark... Some images are less important to have in the photos.

More backlighting... talk to the photographer. 

Please make sure you see your competition and see how they are shooting their photos and angles.

I love the place... Get Wow, pitcures…

Also, "Entire rental unit in Chiavari, Italy." your title has no benefits; give them a "WHY" to rent from you... : )  Your listing Information, redo... Give benifts and excitement... provide them with an experience BEFORE THEY GET THERE, IMAGINATION... 🙂 

>>> This is great... Start with this, remove the rest... and redo your listing info... This is a sample to get started... 

The apartment is a 3-minute walk from the beach and 20 min walk to the train station, marina, and city center, where you can laugh and have adventure walks, lunch, and special dinners with laughter the italian way.

Chiavari is an exquisite place for your base for exploring with friends or a spaecial someone to well-known destinations like Sestri Levante, Portofino, Camogli, San Fruttuoso, and the Cinque Terre.

We have 55-inch Flat screen TVs, and WIFI in every room, Laundry room to wash your clothes.

Join us for an experience you will never forget…  

As far as Price goes drop 5% every 3 days until you start getting HITS and seeing people rent from you... also tweek your listing words and put into your listings Keywords that guest might be serching for. 

Good Luck! 

Beautiful Place!

Cliff55
Level 2
Boston, MA

@Gabriel5580 beautiful listing, but it does not really show it in these photos.

Some simple improvements to make to better showcase it's best features: 

1. You're near water: show it.
  2. More balcony / water views. 
  3. Better + brighter photos. 
  4. Ceiling is stunning: highlight it.
  5. More plants/decor.
  6. Photo captions. 
  7. Screenshot of map w/distance to attractions, train stop, water, etc

Danel38
Level 1
Parker, CO

I'm curious. Did you have the special 20 percent discount on the first 3 bookings? We had the same experience as you - we listed it and got immediately 3 bookings and then it went quiet. I'm certain it's due to Airbnb pushing your listing to the top as soon as you start on Airbnb (gets you all excited) and then the new listing doesn't get priority anymore. 

Dawn939
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

Hi Gabriel, your apartment is very beautiful and spacious. A couple things:

Changing the title of your property would be helpful to attract more guests - your apartment is too elegant to be referred to as a "Club." You could review other listing for coastal properties for some inspiration (even in other areas). I also agree with other hosts' suggestions to enhance the description to differentiate your property from others and make it stand out.

I think adding the the size of your apartment in square meters to your description of the space would be a good thing to highlight since it seems to be quite large.

I think you definitely need to get professional photos taken - they are critical for generating more bookings. I used a photography company that does alot of photography for realtors for the properties they list for sale. They offered a lower cost package that I chose.

Adding some wall art, plants and dressing up the beds with things like european shams, decorative pillows and throws would warm up your beautiful apartment and make the photos (and a stay at your place) even more appealing. *FYI, I am not the best with decorating so I hired a professional by the hour and she was worth every penny. I did the shopping for decor and accessories with her guidance prior to her arrival, which save time and money. I continuously get compliments on my property from guests when they book and after they arrive, and we are booking up even though the season here is slowing down.

Creating a rich experience for your guests is essential to attract more bookings. Use colors, decor and furniture, accessories and practical things (e.g. coffee mugs, coasters, serving platters, etc) inspired by your distinctive local/regional culture and icons, as well as your coastal location and  lifestyle.

Prior to taking professional photos, set up experience enhancing "vignettes" throughout the apartment: for example, one photo could show a wine bottle, wine glasses and flowers in a vase on the balcony table; another could show the gorgeous dining table beautifully set for a meal, with candles, a gorgeous floral centerpiece, etc. Show a sumptuous charcuterie board with attractively arranged meats, cheeses, fruits and crackers on the white kitchen counter next to a bottle of wine and some wine glasses. Place lush white towels near/over the side of the tub and add lit candles next to are near the tub.

I agree that researching the pricing of comparable short term rental properties in your market to ensure your rates are competitive is key to attracting more guests. Also, since it is low season now, I agree with reducing the minimum night stay to two nights.

Good luck and best wishes! There is a wealth of knowledge in all these replies from Airbnb hosts that will help you increase your bookings.