Listing removed

Listing removed

Hello,

We bought our 1st STR a year ago. And a property manager created and managed the listing. They gave us a 2 week notice and stopped managing. So, now we are self managing since may. It’s been great. We have done way better with everything. We love what we do. Airbnb helped me set up the listing. Now in august I get a message there’s a duplicate listing.  Supposedly the PM cancelled their listing. But they said my home looks too much like my home. Because it is my home!  I had to relist it in order to get control of my listing. I guess I’m not allowed to list my own house. Airbnb removed my listing probably thinking I was trying to start fresh due to bad reviews. I have appealed it through email, chat, managers, etc. I can’t reach a human who can hear my side to save my listing. The only advice they told me was to remodel my home and add amenities so it doesn’t look like my house.  WTH?  I keep being told the specialized team is dealing with it but it’s been like 2 weeks. Any suggestions or ideas to resolve this issue?  If they are removing your listing you should get a chance to hear why and explain your side. But nope. They don't care about the guest who they have to cancel or the hosts who need to run a business. Please help! Thanks.  

5 Replies 5
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Mallard-Mills-Properties0 It happens when two similar condos with similar furniture both list . In your case there has been some type of mix up but if you set up a 'new listing ' then remove the old listing or make sure its not still viable... Good Luck.. H

P.S. The reviews all go with the host ... H

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to get the property management company to delete their listing. It takes two clicks for them to do so @Mallard-Mills-Properties0 

And you need a profile photo - it instills trust in guests . 

Tracy1088
Level 2
Walla Walla, WA

Hi there, 

I'm going thru the SAME situation right now. We fired our old property manager in January of this year. She deactivated the old listing, we created a full brand new listing (per AirBnB's instructions - since the company doesn't "transfer" a listing from one host to another). 

Just received an email from ABB on Saturday evening, stating my listing is going to be removed since it's being flagged as a duplicate. Ummm. there is no duplicate and the old listing is not active (we live in same town as previous property manager, and trust me, she deactivated the old listing the MINUTE we fired her)... 

The email stated the listing would be removed on July 15th, but I have until June 23rd to "appeal" (appeal what, i'm not sure). So I called immediately to customer service. Sent many messages that this is clearly an error, and submitted screen shots of old listing, and let them know timeline of us firing old manager, and starting a new account. Each listing (old and new) have Guest Favorite badge (no negative reviews) and previous manager was a Superhost as well. 

To my surprise, ABB has already suspended my listing from their site, so our home is not showing in a guest search for our area. I've spoken to 3 different customer service persons who assure me they are "investigating" and understand this may be a commonplace error on their part. 

My question to you - what was the outcome of this situation for you? I'm in panic mode, since our listing is not showing in their search, and going on 2 full days now. And very little sense of urgency on their part to fix and figure this out. 

Let me know any info you can share. I'm part of a few social media platform groups that have made mention this is becoming more rampant (delistings) without warrant. 

Thanks for your time! 

Tracy 

hello. 
keep escalating to the next level of support until it’s done. I showed them my deed to prove I own the home and I am taking over for the management but it’s the same home. My home!  They will send you a link to appeal. Just keep asking for it if you don’t get it. It will be OK! Good luck.