Listing

Answered!
Lisa1577
Level 2
Bosham, United Kingdom

Listing

Hello, I am having real problems being able to find my listing when searching…….i have double checked that the calendar is open and days are unblocked.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions 

Many thanks

Lisa

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Lovely place I could find it but I had to look it up in terms of location to understand where it is and I live in England 😀

Can you edit the listing and your description to say where it's near ie Chichester? @Lisa1577 

I agree only being open for longer stays or blocking out immediate dates will drop you down the rankings 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi @Lisa1577 

Luv your place!

Looks like Feb 2024 is blocked on your calendar? When I put in dates in March your property appeared on page 6 at the top. Seems like your last bookings were in 2022? The algorithm is probably not placing you very high due to long period of no bookings? Was that because you had a long term booking? In any case, I would add something to your description to explain that so prospective guests feel comfortable about the long gap. Be sure to update the listing (add wording, update any amenities, re-order your photos and update your pricing). This is something that is factored into the algorithm when determining where you appear in search results rank. Maybe consider dropping you extra guest fee after two guests to remain competitive with similar listings in the area?

Wishing you much continued success!

Bosham, UK.png

Lisa1577
Level 2
Bosham, United Kingdom

@Joan2709 Thank you so much for taking the time to search my listing. I didn’t do Airbnb last year as it was let on a contract.

How would I go about re-ordering my photos?

And yes, I agree that having the one price for 4 as it would be for 2 is a very good idea.

You’ve been so helpful, thank you again 

Hi @Lisa1577 

Always good to re-order your photos and change the cover photo periodically. The cover photo is what gets folks to click on your listing. The 1st 5 photos are also very important as they keep people on your listing page and help get them to make a decision to book. If they don't attract attention, guests will just click away to another listing. The 1st five photos should highlight your best amenities. 

I would definitely highlight your outdoor space more. I would retake the same photo below but add a nice plant to the table and perhaps colorful chair cushions and some string lights on the shed or along the fence? Take one photo on a bright sunny day and another at twilight with all the lights on inside/outside the house and string lights on. Take the photo with the cute table/chairs in the foreground and the house with all the lights on in the background.

I would try this order of photos and see what happens. Try it for a few months and change it up if it doesn't seem to help with bookings:

Try one of these two as your cover photo. They highlight the sunny, cute kitchen with skylight:

Joan2709_0-1707571195001.png

Joan2709_1-1707571251279.png

Then these as the next 4:

Photo 2

Joan2709_2-1707571315090.png

Photo 3

Joan2709_3-1707571372004.png

Photo 4

Joan2709_4-1707571413411.png

Photo 5

Joan2709_5-1707571458199.png

Lisa1577
Level 2
Bosham, United Kingdom

Thank you so much Joan, you have been so incredibly helpful and I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to assist me.

I will amend my listing as you suggested.

Take Care

Lisa

@Lisa1577 

No problem 😊!  Let us know how you are getting along!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Lovely place I could find it but I had to look it up in terms of location to understand where it is and I live in England 😀

Can you edit the listing and your description to say where it's near ie Chichester? @Lisa1577 

I agree only being open for longer stays or blocking out immediate dates will drop you down the rankings 

Lisa1577
Level 2
Bosham, United Kingdom

@Helen3 Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to me. I will re-word my title for my listing.

Thanx again 

Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Lisa1577 

I searched May 24-28 for 2 people. The search results said there were 848 available properties and yours came up as about the 150th one. 

Lisa1577
Level 2
Bosham, United Kingdom

@Danlee1 Thank you so much for searching. I clearly need to look at the wording of my listing.

Thanx again

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Lisa1577 👋

Did any of the answers below help you? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

How is my listing am new to airbnb