Map view showing smaller bubbles without prices

Arrigo2
Level 1
Orvieto, Italy

Map view showing smaller bubbles without prices

On the map view, I see prices indicating properties near us, but on our property I just see a small empty bubble. 

Why is that?

Also, we have 3 apartments in the same building but there is only 1 bubble, not 3. 

Anyone know why?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Arrigo2, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center,

Would you like to share a few screenshots of the map view so that our amazing Hosts can gain a better understanding and offer their suggestions?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bruno1529
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I'm seeing that too with our listing. It started happening, I believe, after we switched to the 2023 winter release. We are getting no page views after that.

Hi @Arrigo2 

Airbnb calls these "bubbles" and the smaller ones without prices started appearing on the map in 2022 (I think?). This was when Airbnb switched to an "interest" algorithm and when the categories feature appeared at the top of the search page. The guest search feature algorithm (and how the map appears) is dependent on many variables (guest past searches, what filters they use, if they add pets or infants to their searches, etc.). How it appears also depends on how "popular" a listing is according to the Airbnb algorithm. 

If you click on the smaller bubbles (or larger ones) you will get a thumbnail of the listing to click further. You can click on the map and move it around and enlarge or reduce the size of the map and the "bubbles" will appear/disappear depending on the area you are targeting. Other Hosts experience the same problem you have with only one "bubble" appearing when they have multiple listings for rooms at the same address.

You may consider trying to moving your location circle a bit for each listing and see if that makes a difference (not too far though, or you could get complaints regarding listing location accuracy). I believe that probably won't make a differennce though, as Airbnb most likely uses the listing address to create the bubbles on the map. Since all your listings have the same address, you probably only get one bubble. You may need to contact Airbnb to determine if there is another option? Functionality will probably need to be added to address the issue and that could be a big task!

Maybe another Host can chime in here and explain why some listings are displayed with a large bubble and price, while others are smaller bubbles with no price? I'm guessing it has to do with the search algorithm Airbnb uses.