Multiple Platform Hosting

Kat11460
Level 2
Williamstown, Australia

Multiple Platform Hosting

Hi All

We are just about to purchase our first property that will be used as an Airbnb (yay!) & are beyond excited.

What platforms is everyone using to manage multiple booking sites in Australia?

I would want to manage it myself but would prefer to have a platform that links all the sites together if that makes sense so I do not have to go in & manually block out calendars.

3 Replies 3
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Kat11460 

Exciting times!

I'm going to tag @Laurelle3 and @Robin4 to see if they might have any input on this.

Wishing you the best of luck on your hosting journey - please come back and tell us how it's going!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Hi @Kat11460 I only use Airbnb as my only booking site. Our property I consider to be  located 1 street from the beach and a 3 hours drive from Sydney and sleeps 4 and 2 bedrooms. Ideal for families, couples or friends. 

So to me it is location and what is offered and price. There are 5 Airbnbs within 400 metres of our cottage. 3 of us live on site and 2 are remote hosts. They are all different in size, decorated, some pets others no. Some children others no. Some sleep 2, 3, 4,  or 6. 

Some use other sites, Stays, Booking and Verbo. But when you walk around the block you know if they have guests staying or not. You can also look online and see who has bookings. I often notice that sometimes their prices are higher. But I  feel you have to price what is right for you and the area. 

Pictures also sell your product. All have good reviews.

So I know there is competition out there in my neighbourhood. But I  cannot complain Airbnb has served me well so far and I have more than enough bookings to satisfy my needs.

Sorry I am unable to help you with multiple plateforms advice. Just answerering @Jenny's call.

Richard2732
Level 1
Greenville, SC

Hi Kat,

Here's a link to Airbnb's software partners that I have read are good options. https://www.airbnb.com.au/software-partners

I only have one property and do not use a management system as of yet. Airbnb has a lot of functionality built-in such as Automated messages for check-in and check-out; calendar sync every 2 hours with VRBO/Booking.com; etc. 

If you are looking to list only on Airbnb then you may not need a management system, but if you are using multiple sites then it could be a great investment. It depends on how passive you want it and if your property can financially sustain the cost of a management system. 

I do also recommend a dynamic pricing software or using airbnb's to keep up with the fluctuating market. Most management systems have them built in, but if you choose not to go with a full system there are good ones such as Pricelabs and wheelhouse. I use Pricelabs and like it.