My listing is not appearing in a search

Answered!

My listing is not appearing in a search

I just launched my very first property last week and was fortunate to secure my first three bookings through the end of December. HOWEVER...when I do a search on Airbnb, my listing is NOWHERE to be found. I know that Airbnb gives you a "boost" for the first two weeks, but if I'm not even showing up during this "boost" period, I am fearful for what will happen after next week. I tried searching by zip code, property type, specific dates, etc. and it's still nowhere to be found. This makes me soooo sick to my stomach because I am worried it will never get booked again. I already have Instant Book on with prices so low I'm practically paying people to stay at my place. This feels SO incredibly discouraging and I'm not sure what else to do.

1 Best Answer
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi C-Natasha0!

I was confused as you have Chicago, IL on your profile. When I went to look @ your property until I arrived @ the map did I realize your property is in Columbus, OH.

i found it listed as #3 when I switched to traveling mode. I entered Columbus, OH picked random dates & your place was there!
I can suggest changing the name of your place to have Columbus, Ohio within it, as when I Googled AirBnB Columbus, Ohio  your place did not pop up after ALOT of scrolling. I think that could be part of your problem & hope that helps with your concern. 
Best regards,

Bettye6

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

It must be there or you would not have received bookings. If you share your link, people here can look for it. Should it come up under Chicago, IL?

@C--Natasha0, Not catching Columbus, Ohio at the top of your listing was my bad. It was my first poor assumption your place was in Chicago. 
Yes, I do think putting the city in your listing title is the way to go. 
br, 

Bettye6

@C—Natasha0

I found your listing on the second page. I may change your title to, “New Listing Special” instead of “new owner”. It looks nice and great first review! 

Thank you, @Danlee1 ! ANOTHER excellent suggestion!!! That revision to state "Listing" is already live. And I appreciate your kind words. I gave that place my all. I'm hoping my next few guests will also have had a great experience. Best of luck to you!

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hello C—Natasha0

Best to can check “Today Tab” where you can see the specific verification step you need to complete, and highlighted with a red exclamation point.  Check your email associated to your Airbnb account for any communication from Airbnb or reach out to Customer Support for further assistance, hope this helps. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, @Patricia2526 . I followed your suggestion and went to the "Today" tab, but there was nothing listed there that required specific verification. In addition, there was nothing with an exclamation point. To the best of my understanding I've completed everything necessary. Reaching out to Customer Support might be the next best choice. Thank you!

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi C-Natasha0!

I was confused as you have Chicago, IL on your profile. When I went to look @ your property until I arrived @ the map did I realize your property is in Columbus, OH.

i found it listed as #3 when I switched to traveling mode. I entered Columbus, OH picked random dates & your place was there!
I can suggest changing the name of your place to have Columbus, Ohio within it, as when I Googled AirBnB Columbus, Ohio  your place did not pop up after ALOT of scrolling. I think that could be part of your problem & hope that helps with your concern. 
Best regards,

Bettye6

Thank you, @Bettye6 !! That's actually a brilliant suggestion. I will make that edit right now and see if it helps drive traffic. I appreciate your kindness so very much!!!!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @C--Natasha0 ! It is so great to see you acknowledging the suggestions from our lovely Hosts @Danlee1 @Bettye6 @Patricia2526 and also implementing them to your listing.

How is everything progressing with your listing? Did you notice any changes or received any potential inquiries since you started?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you C--Natasha0.

Please let us know how everything is working out for you.

Kind regards,

Bettye6