My listing

Debbie1190
Level 3
Bag Enderby, United Kingdom

My listing

After being very busy, I haven't had any bookings/enquiries for months. And I've just looked online to see where my listing is coming up on the airbnb site and I can't find it!

I'm a Shepherds Hut (Shepherds Hut in the Wolds) in Lincolnshire, UK. Is there someone who can take a look and see if they can find it?! How do I contact airbnb for help on this type of issue? I'm also not seeing all these 'new' hosting listing additions. 

12 Replies 12
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Debbie1190 

I went onto Airbnb in private mode and entered Lincolnshire Wolds and you came up on the second page so that's really positive I would say!  

Lots of us are finding this time of year very slow so I don't think it's just you. Lots more competition, economy etc

Hopefully things will pick up

All the best

Joëlle

Debbie1190
Level 3

@Joelle43 , thank you so much for your feedback. That's a relief to know I'm on there!!! It has been a slower year compared to last. Hopefully 2024 will pick up again. Best wishes.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

We are in the middle of a recession and lots of new hosts have joined leading to oversaturated markets @Debbie1190 

Have you looked at listing on other platforms and taking direct bookings ? 

Debbie1190
Level 3

Hi @Helen3, thanks. Yes I am on other platforms too. But airbnb has always been the busiest. Now nothing. I'm not chained to my phone of laptop so don't want to take direct bookings - I need the centralised booking system..And I don't think that that makes any difference to the amount of bookings.  

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Debbie1190 

as someone who works in marketing and comms as their day job - I would say you are partially right.... 

No you don't need to be 'chained to your phone or laptop' to take direct booking . You just set up direct booking channels on FB/a website and integrate them into your other booking channels using a channel manager.

yes it will take you time to set them up and yes you need to invest in marketing your channels to guests who are your target audience but you are wrong in thinking if done correctly it won't make any difference to the amount of bookings you get. 

Debbie1190
Level 3

Ok. Thanks. I'll look into it. Best wishes.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Debbie1190 with 65 5* reviews you are clearly doing something very right. I do wonder though in a recession if there are just fewer people looking for this sort of listing (aka Glamping). 

Debbie1190
Level 3

Thank you. It does make you wonder. I did have bookings though last year in the winter... its just odd that its gone completely quiet and for weeks now. I'm only getting the odd return bookings.

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

@Debbie1190   Hello Debbie from crazy high paced California USA.  I took a look at your Shepard's Hut and took a deep breathe and wished so badly I were there and not here in the Wild West.  Your English countryside is absolutely stunningly beautiful.  I could get lost in that place forever.  Here in the USA we have experienced drastic increases in prices on everything you can think of.. From food to gasoline to insurance.  Its been ridiculous what this administration has done to it people.  Things have tripled in price here but our wages have not.  I am not sure about the rest of the world but its my guess the American people have slowed way down on travel and holiday vacations.  Our government has made sure they have taken that from us and our children's inheritance with the hike in taxes as well.  The people who have been renting from me have been primarily people who need to work in my area or people who are misplaced and have no permanent residence.  NO vacationers yet.  And you being in the countryside I am certain most of your guests are vacationers.  I am wondering if inflation could be a reason why you are slow because your place is so adorable and I know American young people would adore your place.  And if I ever visit beautiful England again, I will be sure to book your spot!  Smiles,  Eileen

Debbie1190
Level 3

Oh @Eileen462 , thank you so much for your extensive and sympathetic comments. We too are experiencing difficulties here... and I suppose the prospect of glamping in the winter is slightly less appealing despite it being toasty and warm in the Hut. I have to be patient I think and hope things pick up. You'd be very welcome of course anytime you're over this way!!!

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Hi @Debbie1190 

I remember your shepherds hut! I did a quick search for Lincolnshire and yours came up in the very first spot on the first page for this weekend. 7th-9th. 

It probably is just much slower now as everyone mentioned with inflation and people scooping up holiday sales. 

The listings in my area have slashed prices like they did back with covid and no one was traveling. For the past 4 years it's been a boom bust cycle every year with rates peaking higher than ever and then dropping lower than ever and guest are waiting for last minute deals especially in off season. 

Also seeing more cancelations like the good ole covid days. I was kinda hoping to get more time off this month but only one weekend open, which is kinda strange as I've never had an open weekend. 

There are new tools so you can compare similar listings in your area that are booked or unbooked. 

Good luck! 

Debbie1190
Level 3

Thank you for this. Times have changed indeed. We're feeling a full-on recession here in the UK though the govt (who live on another planet) say we're not. I've also got to get my head round it probably not being a year-round thing I'm afraid.