My property manager using their profile

My property manager using their profile

I listed my property under my managers /hosts profile as he said this was the only way he could manage the calendar across multiple sites. 95% of my bookings have come in from Airbnb (thank you!) However the management has not been good. I cancelled and now need a list of contacts to bring over all of the existing bookings to my profile. The manager refuses to supply and I think has reached out and taken the bookings elsewhere. Do I have any legal rights here. This is a major loss of income for me and the bookings were all through airbnb.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Erin7898 You have whatever legal rights your contract with the manager gave you. I doubt there will be any as most people do not realise that the most important part of any 'service' contract is what happens when the relationship breaks up rather than what happens during the relationship.

Mike/Jane, i was ignorant.  The contract doesn't say anything around managing clients after termination. I will ensure the next contract with managers outside my profile/my control have clauses to ensure this process is outlined and a process in place to manage the transfer of clients.  Its a steep learning curve for me and a big hit on income starting again. I hope all of the Airbnb guests were not inconvienced too much. thank you for your response.  This is great advise.