My room don't get any booking, WHY?

Answered!
Kyaw-Soe0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

My room don't get any booking, WHY?

Hello, I am new host. I just listed my room in airbnb for 2 days already and dis not get any booking, May I onow why? and is there any advice?

Top Answer
Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kyaw-Soe0 

Hello, when your property description is ready and you 'post it' it can be anything up to 4 days before it will actually become live and public in a online search.

This is because your description has to first go to the 'Trust and Safety' department to make sure what you are presenting complies with Airbnb's content rules. Sometimes a host will receive a notification that the listing description requires 'modification' before it can become live. 

They will also check other details such as your verifications, the money currency you wish to be paid in is correct and your payout method checked.

Once Airbnb are satisfied that your listing is accurate and satisfies hosting guidelines......then it will become visible.

@Kyaw-Soe0 , once it does become live, don't expect that guests are going to line up to book! It can take some time to get established and new listings might take a week or two to get that first booking. Guests like to see that the host has had a good experience with a previous guest before they feel confident to book. Nobody likes to be that 'guinea pig' !

Airbnb will help you by giving you prominent placement in a random search of your area to start with but, once you become live, it's up to you as the host to give potential guests a reason to book your property over some other host.

I wish you all the best with your hosting.

Cheers........Rob

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hello @Kyaw-Soe0.  I looked at your profile and do not see a listing there.  Perhaps it has not yet gone "live"?  Send a message to customer service and ask them how long it will take for your listing to be available to the public for bookings.

Thanks for the advice, Ann. I have just received two night reservation last night. Hope I can serve them well.

I’m sure you’ll do a great job @Kyaw-Soe0.  Thai hospitality is legendary!

Yes, I will try my best to serve them. 🙂

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kyaw-Soe0 

Hello, when your property description is ready and you 'post it' it can be anything up to 4 days before it will actually become live and public in a online search.

This is because your description has to first go to the 'Trust and Safety' department to make sure what you are presenting complies with Airbnb's content rules. Sometimes a host will receive a notification that the listing description requires 'modification' before it can become live. 

They will also check other details such as your verifications, the money currency you wish to be paid in is correct and your payout method checked.

Once Airbnb are satisfied that your listing is accurate and satisfies hosting guidelines......then it will become visible.

@Kyaw-Soe0 , once it does become live, don't expect that guests are going to line up to book! It can take some time to get established and new listings might take a week or two to get that first booking. Guests like to see that the host has had a good experience with a previous guest before they feel confident to book. Nobody likes to be that 'guinea pig' !

Airbnb will help you by giving you prominent placement in a random search of your area to start with but, once you become live, it's up to you as the host to give potential guests a reason to book your property over some other host.

I wish you all the best with your hosting.

Cheers........Rob

Thank you very much for your explanation. I thought as soon as I publish it will go live. Last night I got two days reservation. I am happy and so exciting. 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kyaw-Soe0 

These first few guests are going to be very important for you so, don't 'mother' them but, treat these guests  as special so you can get a few nice reviews behind you. Good reviews are money in the bank because that is where your future business will come from. Guests like to feel they have made a wise decision in booking your listing and the only way they are going to be able to assess this is by looked at what previous guests have said about you.

I will show you what I mean.

I had a recent request which said......

Bad review xa.png

I noticed that the guest had been an Airbnb member for 5 years but only had one previous review which had a 1.5 star rating.......

Bad review xb.png

This guest may have turned over a new leaf but with only one bad  previous review this was how I handled it.....

Bad review xd.png

If this guest had a few good reviews previously I would have possibly dismissed that poor review and pre-approved the enquiry, so @Kyaw-Soe0   these first few guests will determine how successful your future hosting will be. As I said previously, I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers.......Rob

I try my best to serve them and hope they can left good review. 🙂