New Calender view

Misty43
Level 4
Burbank, CA

New Calender view

Does anyone know how to hide nightly pricing from their calendar view? I used to just click on view notes. That isn't there anymore. I need to have a clean view of my monthly bookings without prices for sharing with workers, etc when coordinating my booked days. Any suggestions would greatly help! I feel like I'm sharing something personal with all my night rates in view, thanks!

17 Replies 17
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Misty43 I just looked at my calendar and there is a Layers button.  Click it, and unselect price.

Debra300_0-1692308893006.png

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

@Debra300 I don't seem to have that button? Only a "view" button which just allows for month or year viewing. I'll attach!Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 9.17.49 AM.png

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Misty43,

It may be necessary to switch on Pro Tools: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499.  

Ok I found that and switched. I found the layers button and turned off pricing but for some reason when I select that listings calendar and make the whole month bigger it still shows nightly. Maybe because I have multiple listings? It's so strange. I need to be able to screenshot my whole month as it fills for my housekeeper. Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 12.58.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-19 at 1.01.33 PM.png

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Glad that you can see the multi-calendar without prices.  It makes sense to me that the Layers button isn't available on the standard calendar because the multi-calendar is a Pro Tools feature.

Still when I open the full calendar is doesntbhide the pricing. Only hides it if I view it in a straight line and have all my listing calendars showing at once. Just can't seem to figure this one out. Thanks for helping me find the pro tools tho!! 

Also wondering this for the same reason: to share my calendar with the cleaning team.  

It also used to be available in the app but that option also went away. 

My new temporary work around is using my VRBO calendar. Since it has all my bookings from different places there. Not smart for Airbnb since it reminds me to pay more attention to booking on there haha 

I called and talked to several ppl now from Airbnb Al very nice but at the end of the day just said sorry the feature is gone. I also submitted it as feedback about what techs should work on changing. End of the day the VRBO calendar still has a hide nightly rate section so it's working for now!

This change in the calendar is horrible and was not necessary (why change something that is not broken?!?!) and they are not even considering reverting? Thought airbnb would "listen" to its hosts??? Thank you for contacting them! I need to file a complaint.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Before the full rollout, Airbnb did beta test the calendar with a selection of hosts across the globe, and did take in feedback.  So far, I am just learning where things are now located, but don't think the new calendar view is horrible.  

The one change that I have submitted long before the update was that the 10% discount associated with the non-refundable rate be listed under the discount section with the other discounts with a check mark if the non-refundable cancellation policy is active.  Since Airbnb's implementation of the non-refundable policy is inconsistent with industry standard, it's available only 60 days prior the arrival date vs. always available, there have been times when hosts (me included) are caught off-guard when a reservation shows a 10% with no description in the booking and the host has forgotten about the non-refundable discount.

And now I'm finding that not only the calendar view is ruined by the nightly visible price, also in the app you cannot look at your monthly income. Only past days, months. So I have to always get in front of a desktop to look at my monthly total. So much extra work it's frustrating. 

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Thanks for sharing, because I am an old-head, and rarely use my phone to work on business matters, because I want to see a large amount of content on the screen.  I will have to look at the calendar on my phone now.

Hermien8
Level 3
Stellenbosch, South Africa

They took that function away with the upgrade, so you will not be able to figure it out. It absolutely suck!
even the pro tool does not help me at all. In fact only my one listing shows in that calendar so cant eveb use that. Its useless to me.  

Hermien8
Level 3
Stellenbosch, South Africa

How did you find the layer view?