New host

New host

Hi everyone!  

So good to be part of this great community!  I'm new to airbnb and just got my first reservation.  Can anyone give tips for becoming a great host. I'm passionate about making my guest feel at home while away from home. What tip do I need to keep the traffic up.

1 Reply 1
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Olajumoke-A0  Welcome and congratulations on your first booking!  

Cleanliness is probably the most important in the eyes of guests.  Make sure your listing is squeaky clean. Most guests are reasonable and can look beyond minor inconveniences hower when it comes to dirt and grime there's no wiggle room.   

Set expectations early on about things that may go wrong and how they are handled. We are in Florida and there are a lot of bugs, especially in the summer.  We let them know they WILL encounter bugs and ways to mitigate their presence. 

Power outages and internet outages, we have them a lot due to the wild afternoon thunderstoms in Florida.  If you visit in the summer you will likely experience this.

Appliance failures- they happen, outline what the steps are and how it will be handled.  Reminding them that you are afforded the same remedies that they are afforded if an appliance broke down at their own home.  There are no magic wands to produce a brand new appliance or repair person at a moments notice. 

If you haven't already done so, create a guest guide highlighting things to do in the area, great places to eat etc. It's also a great place to put information about a quirky appliance etc. 

Be clear about your rules and apply the same across the board with all guests.  When you start making exceptions or trying to put square pegs into round holes, problems will ensue.

Hope this helps and best of luck in your hosting journey! 😊

Karen