New to hosting

New to hosting

Hi Everyone,

I am new to hosting as of last week (mid October 2022). My husband and I are listing our entire home but I would like to receive some feedback as to whether or not we should list the entire home (one full booking) or list each room separately. We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath (and office space) home. I’ve also been told that our prices are a bit low for a fully furnished home. Feedback I was given by friends mentioned that if we are renting our whole house, our price should be higher so that we do not lose on our investment. I am soooo new to this that any and all suggestions are welcomed! Would love to hear how people price their rentals AND how to gain more bookings. Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Danielle1401 search as a guest would for properties like yours in your region and you will see if you are competitive. The idea of renting rooms separately is fraught with danger/difficulty as guests are likely to upset each other with different standard of cleanliness in the shared bathrooms, different noise level acceptabilities etc.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Thank you so much! This was really helpful. I’ll keep listing my place as a whole rather than individual rooms.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Danielle1401 the other thing you can consider is putting a lock on 1 bedroom door. You could then duplicate the listing and adjust it to a 2 bed 2 bath offering at a lower price. That way you maintain higher pricing if people want 3 bedrooms and competitive pricing if they only want 2. Link the calendars to prevent double bookings and block the 2 bed in high season.