Photo on profiles

Yong-Wook0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Photo on profiles

Hi,

I noticed that photos on hosts' profiles are now circle-shaped, but if I remember correctly they used to be a full square (and perhaps bigger). I haven't been using Airbnb for a long time. Does anybody know when this change happened?

7 Replies 7
Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

It has been like that for as long as I can remember.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Yong-Wook0 

in Your airbnb dashboard You have the option to have pictures displayed in square or circle mode.

I chose square and this is how Your profile picture is displayed on my computer:

2020-04-11 square profile picture.jpg

And You are right, the square pictures are bigger than the circle pictures.

Hi @Ute42 , thanks for this information. Could you please guide me how I can change the settings in the dashboard?

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Yong-Wook0 

This funktion is quite hidden in the airbnb Software and hard to find.

First You have to go to the spot where You can set Your dashboard language. As You may know You can chose from several languages like english, spanish, german. I chose german as I am in Germany.

The square/circle function is a subcategory in the selection of Your preferred language. So first You chose Your language and then there's a tickbox how You want Your pictures displayed. I my case I could chose from:

• German / square

• German / circle

Good luck.

Thank you very much @Ute42 ,

I tried what you have suggested but I couldn't find the same subcategory option as you. Interesting.. I wonder what the difference is due to. If you have any more ideas on this I would be grateful.page.png

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Yong-Wook0  

As far as I know the airbnb software isn't 100% identical for all countries in the world. Sometimes I read about features in the english CC, then I look for them im my german dashboard and cannot find them. Maybe You have to look around a bit.

Thanks very much @Ute42  for your kindness. Really helpful information