[Poll] Which device do you use to manage your listing?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

[Poll] Which device do you use to manage your listing?

515034_GettyImages-769720227-foryou.jpg

As a Host, it's important to have the right tools to manage your listing. Whether you're responding to messages, creating a listing, or updating your calendar, having the right device is key to making sure things are done efficiently.

Do you find it easier to respond to messages on a mobile device? Or do you prefer using a desktop computer to create your listing and manage your calendar?

We're curious to know what device you use to manage your Airbnb listing? Do you prefer to use a mobile, tablet, or desktop; or is there anything else that tops your list?

We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic! Please share your insights in the comments below!

Thanks,
Bhumika
Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

21 Replies 21

@Helen427 every host and Airbnb itself should have a back up plan in times of emergency. There are however many risks that do not merit a back up plan as they are so rare and damaging that a back up plan would be far too expensive for the relatively low risk.

Anyway it looks as if the cricket is going ahead in New Zealand so at least some semblance of normality is being restored.

Danielle1342
Level 3
Pensacola, FL

I usually use my phone using the app, however some features don't seem to be available on the phone and seem to only be available using a desktop.  One that comes to mind is seeing the Earnings.  I still haven't figured out how to view that from my phone.

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
-Maya Angelou
Jamie-Lou2
Level 2
Kawaguchi, Japan

I mainly use my phone as I am always on the go, having a full-time job somewhere else where I do not have access to my laptop/pc. It's annoying how the features are limited tho.

I am an aspiring UX designer and I am also very curious on what the result of this poll so far. Could you also send me the results, Bhumika? It would  be a big help to me. Thanks!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jamie-Lou2, nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing your answer! I can't promise sharing the results here, but I'll see what I can do 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Patricia3721
Level 2
Columbia, SC

Mobile

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

I mostly manage my listing on my phone as I can do it on the go, in between taking care of my son, cooking, doing laundry, while I am at work, and relaxing on the couch.

The only issue I had was trying to access monthly discounts from my phone and airbnb support kept telling me how to get there and it was not correct.  I had to log on to my computer to find what they were referencing. I understand there are different programs for mobile and computer interfaces but I should be able to find the same info under the same tabs (maybe in a different format) but it should be accessible on mobile and on the computer.

I almost always use my laptop to run the AirBnB app. Additionally, I use the phone almost exclusively to communicate with guests. Many functionalities do not work on a mobile device, which means I can't imagine being a host without access to a laptop.