How do you list your pricing?

Answered!
Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

How do you list your pricing?

Hi everyone

I need your input on this, I just listed my property and used the smart pricing. With the discounts for first timer Hosts, the price became $79 per night. I had 2 guest who are interested to book, but then thought the listed price of $79 per night for a 3 bedroom house which sleeps 6 guests with 2.5 bathrooms plus all the amenities, is for 1 guest. When the total wasn't adding up, i reached out to them and they thought the price was for 3 or 4 guests that wanted to stay there. Please how do you list your pricing?

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

1 Best Answer
Laura5961
Level 5
Mamaroneck, NY

The price is for the entire property not per guest. $79 for a property that sleeps 6 is very cheap. Be sure to adjust your prices for the future. You can charge an additional guest fee after X guests, but you would have to update that in the listing

Best of luck!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Laura5961
Level 5
Mamaroneck, NY

The price is for the entire property not per guest. $79 for a property that sleeps 6 is very cheap. Be sure to adjust your prices for the future. You can charge an additional guest fee after X guests, but you would have to update that in the listing

Best of luck!

Thank you for the explanation @Laura5961 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Gifty5  Don't use "smart" pricing. Do your own research by looking at local/similar AirBnBs, and price accordingly. Keep in mind that you likely agreed to the 20% discount for your first three bookings, so keep your price in mind for that as well. 

Smart pricing does not work in your best interest. Since "it" works for AirBnB, it's only job is to keep reservations up so AirBnB makes money. It will go outrageously low (although you can set a bottom limit), and you'll barely make money. Also keep in mind that low prices attract bad guests, which is a lose/lose situation. 

It does work if you set upper and lower limits that you're comfortable with. Good luck with your property. 

I appreciate your feedback @Kia272. The question was the price showing under the listing, is it supposed to be for 1 guest or for the number of beds stated in the listing? Let's say if I post $45 per night under the listing, does it mean it's for 6 guests showing under the listing or for 1 guest?

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Gifty5 
If your base price is meant for one guest:

Go to “pricing and availability”

Additional charges

Extra guest fee