Removal of custom prices for calendar months

Answered!
Kevin129
Level 6
Hove, United Kingdom

Removal of custom prices for calendar months

@Jenn8  @Bhumika 

@Stephanie  @Catherine-Powell  @Emilie 

As someone that primarily hosts long-term stays this is my basic pricing tool. I price each month according to likely demand during that month - 12 price points for each calendar year. Very easy to set and maintain. I just had an email announcing this feature will be removed from 28 August. This is super annoying. I anticipate this will just cause me lots pointless admin adjusting all the daily prices to achieve the same end. Any chance the admins can ask if this feature can please, please, pretty please not be removed? 

Many thanks, 

Kevin

1 Best Answer
Nicholas439
Level 5
Clearwater, FL

@Kevin129  Understood on your pricing strategy but you could easily replace by using rule-sets.  I have several different scales of discounts for different times of year, then I just select the days, weeks or months I want and apply that discount set to the selected time period.  That way I can leave my daily and weekend rate unchanged all year and adjust by discount.  You could just set up 12 discount periods and apply them to the appropriate month.  If there are specific hot weekends or days you can select that time period and change to a different rule-set. Hope that helps. 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17

Hi @Bhumika 

Yes I checked that I have pro tools switched on. 

Many thanks for your help. 

Kevin

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Kevin129  You definitely should look into a dynamic pricing tool such as Price Labs or Wheelhouse.

I use Price labs and am very happy with them.  

Karen

price labs eats in to profits and not as helpful for 1 off landlords